import data from csv

More
13 years 11 months ago #6951 by rgreen
import data from csv was created by rgreen
Hi,
I've been flirting with Flexi after dating a bit with the other CCK's and I must say I'm impressed by the interface and ease.

I've searched and read some of the posts on import, but have not seen a conclusion here. Is it possible to import from a csv? or do I need to figure out the mysql structure and do it manually? (ouch). Some of the other CCK's like jSeblod have a slick csv import workflow (that has it's problems as well but is a good start).

Thanks

rg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6953 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic import data from csv
The Bulk Import component can import a CSV file into Joomla core articles in a selected category.
Import and then run the FLEXIcontent bind function to add the FLEXIcontent extended data.

Bulk Import (C)
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...import-a-export/7243

More
13 years 11 months ago #6955 by rgreen
Replied by rgreen on topic import data from csv
thank you for the quick answer. A couple more questions.

where is the Flexicontent bind function? I saw it when I installed but cannot get it to automatically "trigger." I've also tried to click "Import Joomla Structure" next to global config and it does not find any articles?

thanks... rg

More
13 years 11 months ago #6956 by kenmcd
The Bind warning notice will appear on the Items page when FLEXIcontent has detected new items which are missing the FLEXIcontent extended data (such as articles that have been added to a FLEXIcontent category via import using another component).
It (bind) does not automatically trigger.

As for the "Import Joomla Structure" not finding anything - do you have any articles?
This function imports articles and copies the categories structure of those articles.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6959 by rgreen
Replied by rgreen on topic import data from csv
ok, I successfully imported 50 articles using bulk importer and when going to article manager I see those 50 articles sitting there.

It (bind) does not automatically trigger

so how do I manually execute or trigger a bind if the Bind Warning Notice is not appearing automatically in the item screen?

I really appreciate your help.

rg

More
13 years 11 months ago #6960 by kenmcd

kenmcd wrote: .
The Bind warning notice will appear on the Items page ...

the Items page ...
With an "s"

Article Manager is core Joomla not FLEXIcontent.
Are the articles now in a FLEXIcontent category?
Either by import or transfer?
Do the Items (articles) now appear in the Items list?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline