Directory - Zip Code/Location Searches

More
13 years 11 months ago #7150 by ThatComputerDude
I'm going to be using FlexiContent for an upcoming project and would like to know if anyone has tried to create a Company Directory for business locations and used a module to search for nearest locations based on zip code or location type search.

Thank you for any feedback you may have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7283 by jimbo
I don't know, if I should write this here in this board, but SOBI2 was originally created/designed to realise business directories. As I know there are also the needed extensions for the search-function ( radius distance... ) you want.

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 11 months ago #7431 by ThatComputerDude
Yea the old developer for this project had used SOBI but I don't like it - if I'm going to be using FlexiContent for the site, I'd like to not have to use a bunch of other 3rd Party Extensions as well.

I've not used SOBI but maybe I'll have to consider using it for this project.

Thanks for the response and helpful tips, much appreciated!

More
13 years 11 months ago #7435 by kenmcd
The Mosets Tree directory component also has a ZipCode radius search add-on called MoxieMaps.

If you have a budget, Mosets Tree is faster to get a directory up and running (and attractive) out of the box.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline