Business Directory: filter by alphabet letters

More
13 years 11 months ago #7273 by bobthebob01
Hi,

I need to build a business directory for a client and i am inquiring to find the right joomla extension for that.
I need google map, which from what i read is possible with flexicontent. As well as obviously designing and creating the specific field.
And i really like the interface and easiness of flexicontent, therefore it seems to be a great tool for my client as well.

But what i am looking for is to be able to have the typical directory filter system where at the top of a category page you will see:
"A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L.....". So when you click on one of the letter, only the entries starting by the chosen letter appears.

Is there a way to do so in flexicontent? I searched the forum but could not find anything.

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7486 by micker
hello it's very simple in default template this option is integrate !
1 created your type of item
2 created your categorie
3 assigne default template on your categorie and select display alphabetic order
4 in template use your custom field
5 created your item
6 created your menu link to categorie
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline