Use the "add to favourites" as a simple "I like it" button?

More
13 years 11 months ago #7276 by tcherno
Hello!

My client would like to only have a simple "I like it" button, so people, without requiring an account and connection, can say "I like it". Simply. And the number displayed grows, as more and more people "like it".

No facebook interface or anything.

Is it possible?

Or, alternatively (even better), is there a simple Joomla plugin that could do the work?

Antother question: is there a way to show the number of comments on category (blog) page, using Jcomments?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7281 by jimbo
There is an article-rating included in Joomla/FLEXIcontent and this function does just what you want: no need to register, votes are counted an the result (1 up to 5 stars) is shown. With a little bit of fantasy and some modifications on the css, you can hide the stars and just show how much votes liked the article... ;)

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 11 months ago #7335 by tcherno
Hello!

Thank you for your answer!

What a good idea :D

I didn't even think of it. Stuck with the "5 stars" thing.

Mhhh I'll try it!

Have a nice day!

EDIT:

I have to work in the "flexicontent.helper.php" file, which is a core one. Every update, I'll have to work on it again, and again.

Is there a way to take this "voting" functionality and make a "field"?

Thank you!

More
13 years 11 months ago #7349 by jimbo
No need to hack or create something, theres allready a field "voting" in flexicontent, you jutst have to publish it. If you hide the stars or other things you don't need by css (in your normal template.css) you don't loose anything by updates in teh future.

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 9 months ago #8661 by tcherno
Hello!

Yes, but you also have to edit the javascript and php because some thing are hard coded... You also need to change the text "I like it", "X people like it", "...".

Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as just "hiding" the stars.

I can publish here the changes I made :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8751 by jimbo
That would be great for other users with the same wishes...

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline