Use and functionality feasibility questions

More
13 years 10 months ago #7973 by djacouma
Hi -- First of all, thanks for the awesome mod and if I can get it to do what's needed, would like to make a financial contribution to show my thanks for the effort invested.

I've been searching for a way to classify articles for multiple criteria, and then output those results to different areas of an output template page.

This basically gives me three fundamental tags / filters:

1. Fields of interest: eg. All, Guidelines, policy, training etc
2. Geographic Regions: World, Africa, Asia, Americas, etc, Senegal, Bali, Australia etc
3. Elements: Blog, Articles, Projects, Groups, Documents, Tools, Equipment, & Supplies, Photos, Discussion. Needs

The "elements" are basically regions on the output page (expandable to actual full Element pages), and I want be able to generate that output page based on the selection of a "Field of Interest" and a "Geographic region".
eg. The output would for example be a page all the the "elements" in module positions filled with content that had been classified as "Guidelines" material for "Bosnia"

I would also in the long term want to find a way to generate field tagged articles through scripting since it's likely that I'll have a lot of content don't want to become a slave to managing it.

Assuming that I can get all elements to embed in articles that they are appropriately classified with the appropriate fields, can Flexicontent provide me with the functionality to do this? Or should I be going up the learning curve with something like Fabrik to pull this off?

I've done some doodling, and added the three different field types as multi-select dropdowns and checkboxes to the article category, and have a template that will display it on the page - but not in a module position, and not in a fashion that enables me to append multiple articles to a given "element" section.

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading. An indication as to whether Flexi is the right mechanism to accomplish this would be great, and any rough guidelines as how to proceed would be most appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline