Importing com_content failure?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8278 by cmflex
Hello everybody!
I'm new to flexicontent and this forum, but first of all let me say: Thanks for the flexicontent extension! And thanks for the possibility to share problems and get help here in the forum. I'm looking forward to any answer on this topic.
I made a mistake in the past and used flexicontent beside com_content: all the "normal" articles stayed within com_content while the special content (I built a code snippet "database") was administered by flexicontent. Therefor I deleted the "article" type, thinking I would have no need of that type of content within flexicontent.
I should have read the FAQs.. I know!
Anyway: Now I definitively want to import my "regular" articles from com_content into flexicontent.
The problem I'm facing is, that after the import and binding process I can see all the articles in my list, but the content "type" is missing. And even when I create an "Article" type and assign that type to the imported articles, I just get the "title" field without the actual content. The description field is just empty.
I was thinking of merging the different items: exporting the existing flexicontent items, starting out with a fresh installation of flexicontent, importing the com_content data and as last point importing the prior exported flexicontent items.
But I looked into the database :shock: and desided to ask for help on this... :?
Maybe someone who can give me the right direction?
Thanks in any case!
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8287 by micker
hello i have the same error ... :lol:
for this time i didn't have any solution maybe if you didn't have to many articles you can do some cut and past ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline