Help with Linking to File Manager files

More
13 years 9 months ago #8415 by boab2791
I have just registered on here and just started using Flexi Content after being recommended to use it by a future sis-in-law. I had been using K2 but have some issues with that so wanted to see what Flexi Content can do.

I have uploaded some files into the File Manager and now I can't seem to figure out how to actually create links in my articled referring to these files.

I want users to be be able to click on the link and the file open/save dialogue will appear.

The files are in the secure directory, last time I used a file manager i inadvertently left a door open and subsequently my site was hacked. Is the File Manager secure in this way?

Cheers

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8427 by orchid1
by thend of the weekend I will have a plugin that works really similar to the All Images plugin for K2 by Joomla works where you upload a zip file
dont know if this will help you but im working on this sort of thing. If however you are just trying to view use the files in your media folder or images folder FLEIX cant access them through the FLEXI file manager at this time. But you can always use the image button to embed them into your article.

Or if what you are tryiong to do is access the images in the FLEXi folder than you will have to look at the FTP file system and figure it out that way.

come to think of it
I might incorporate that in my plugin
good idea :!:

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
13 years 9 months ago #8435 by kenmcd
@Rob,

The FLEXIcontent - File field will display a download button, etc.

Go to the Fields page and create a new field.
Select the Field type: FLEXIcontent - File
Then you will see the parameter settings specific to that field type.

Then go to your content Type and drag that file field to the desired position.

Then on the specific Item page select the desired file.

Check front-end (do full page refresh).
File should be there with a download button.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8495 by boab2791
@kenmcd

Many thanks, that worked.

However I was wondering if there is a away to embed the download link in the article, for eg, the article reads Click here to download file.

I also will have the need to assign download links to images, can this be done?

Forgive my ignorance with these questions but since the forum appears the only way of getting some help on this neat component I have no choice. A manaul would be a good next addition.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8505 by micker
hello to insert image on link you can use css and modify your template item
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline