Why do content plugins need to be in a field?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8820 by dukeofgaming
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any particular technical reason (I'm a developer so I might be able to help) why Joomla content plugins need be in a Flexicontent field to work.

I'm asking is because I use other plugins that must go within the articles at very particular places and not in a field position, such as:
  • Code snippet embedding
  • Lightbox gallery (sorry, I really want to use the one I already use and not Flexicontent's)
  • Javascript tabs within content
  • JFusion's discussion bot at the end of my article

Also, I was wondering if this problem is also the reason behind why Joomla's native pagination does not work.

Regards,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8822 by kenmcd
Joomla content plug-ins are not required to be in a custom FLEXIcontent field.
Not sure where you got that impression.
Joomla content plug-ins will usually work in the FLEXIcontent Description field text just like they do in Joomla article text.
The FLEXIcontent core field - Description is actually the com_content article text field.

Two things need to happen for the content plug-ins to work:
- enable the plug-ins in the Description field parameter settings
- the plug-in itself must not restrict itself to com_content

Many Joomla content plug-ins work as-is.
Some must be modified to work in FLEXIcontent (or any other component).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline