How to create this layout? [split topic]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8897 by modernmagic
At this time my main reason for trying a CCK is to be able to create a "menu item type" other then the stock blog and list layouts. I have designed a layout that mimics the modules on the site. See screen shot:
[attachment=0:3ujnuh14]<!-- ia0 -->Screen shot 2010-07-19 at 11.07.23 AM.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3ujnuh14]

Every layout is made up of 3 articles that share a specific keyword.

I want to be able to create a menu item that will automatically place the 3 articles into my designed layout.

Does Flexi provide a simple way to do this?

Joomla website builder at modernmagic.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8899 by modernmagic
Maybe I just am needing an explanation of flexi's features for my purpose.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8904 by modernmagic
I have installed and begun to experiment with flexi.

I still don't see how I can do what I have asked in my post above.

I assume I need to create a custom "FLEXIcontent Menu Item Type".

Is this possible?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8911 by modernmagic
Ok, let me try and explain.

At this time my main reason for trying a CCK is to be able to create a "menu item type" other then the stock blog and list menu item types. I have designed an example with a table wrapped in divs that mimics the style of the modules in the right column on the site.

Every page is made up of 3 articles that share a specific keyword. Each article is from a different category.

I want to be able to create a menu item type that will automatically place the 3 articles onto the page and look like the example I made with a table.

In other words, I would like to customize the look of the Menu Item Type > Blog Layout to look like the example table I made in the screen shot:[attachment=0:1x6l1gr9]<!-- ia0 -->Screen%20shot%202010-07-19%20at%2011.07.23%20AM.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1x6l1gr9]

Does Flexi provide a simple way to do this?

Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #8915 by micker
hello i don't understand why you need 3 articles ....
3 flexi field area with default value for each items
maybe you can use aidanews module to load related item by tags
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1324 ">viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1324
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8924 by modernmagic
Article 1 is from a category containing all my photos of all my products. These same articles are used in pages and modules throughout the site.

Article 2 is from the testimonial category. They are also used throughout the site in various places.

Article 3 is only relevant to the one page.

My thought was I would them pull the 3 articles together onto a page via FJ related menu item using a keyword.

Currently, I have to use use articlesanywhere extension to hand place each article in the table wrapped in divs.

I thought that I could use a cck like Flexi to create a custom Menu Item Type that looked like the example table from the screen shot and have the keyword associated articles automatically placed in a layout like the example:[attachment=0:3qjdewcu]<!-- ia0 -->Screen shot 2010-07-20 at 9.29.35 AM.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3qjdewcu]

Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline