FlexiAccess: AND or OR calculating access to specific conten

More
13 years 9 months ago #9147 by joerg.schwarzlaender
Hi there out

Evaluating FlexiAcess I couldn’t figure out in the presented materials if the access to a specific resource is calculated with an AND or OR operation. (I’m looking for the AND case). Maybe someone can help?

Example:
  • categories: Staff, Management, Department A, Department B
  • 3 articles
    • Article 1 assigned to categories Staff & Department A
    • Article 2 assigned to categories Management & Department A
    • Article 3 assigned to categories Staff & Department B
  • 4 groups:
    • GRP_Staff access only to category Staff
    • GRP_Management access only to category Management
    • GRP_Department A access only to category Department A
    • GRP_Department B access only to category Department B
  • 1 user: userSA - member of group GRP_Staff & GRP_Department A

AND scenario:
userSA has only access to Article 1, as he is not part of the Groups GRP_Management and GRP_Department B

OR scenario:
userSA has access to all articles.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9154 by chessman
Using you example here is what you can do :
userSA will have access to catégories "staff" and "DepartmentA" as he is assigned to GRP_staff AND GRP_DepartmentA.

In fact, you can assign rules for each category and also to each content (and the rules can be different or specific) => So different groups can have access to one category and others not (+same for each content).

If I understand your need you can create another group called "GRP_staff_and_DepartmentB" so that the userSA will be part of GRP_staff / GRP_DepartmentA / GRP_staff_and_DepartmentB then put the rule on article 3 to be accessed by group GRP_staff_and_DepartmentB => Doing so it will work as you need :
- userSA can access article1 (he is part of GRP_staff)
- userSA can access article2 (he is part of GRP_DepartmentA
- userSA can access article3 (he is part of GRP_staff_and_DepartmentB)

Is the answer ok for you ? maybe i didn't explained well, if so just ask me another time :?

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 9 months ago #9178 by joerg.schwarzlaender
Hi – sorry for the delay. I was doing some experiments based on your suggestions.

Finally I all come down to the following question:
Having an article assigned two categories CA and CB and a user being a member of group G.
  • What happens if the group G has the right to read the category CA, but not for category CB?
  • Can the user access the article, as he’s allowed to read the article via user -> group G -> read category CA?
  • Or is his access denied via user -> group G -> read category CB?
In other words: What happens if via content categories different access rights are in conflict?

More
13 years 9 months ago #9193 by chessman
He'll have access to CA as group G has access to.
As group G do not have access, it will not show up CB (category view for example).

If only looking to view CB then will display "you don't have access ..."

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 9 months ago #9244 by joerg.schwarzlaender
So if the user is using a menu which gives a view on all articles belonging to CA he will have access to the specific article A, even if the user does not have access to CB the article A is also assigned to.

And clearly, if the menu gives a view on all articles belonging to CB the user will get an “Access denied”.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline