Breadcrumbs

More
13 years 9 months ago #9252 by rushinge
Breadcrumbs was created by rushinge
Is there a way to keep the breadcrumbs straightened out if I put one item in multiple categories? If I have one item in more than one category the breadcrumb trail seems to go only one way. Lets say I've got the following setup

Categories
Category_1
|_Category_3
Category_2
|_Category_4

Items
Item1

One Menu (The main menu)
Category_1
|_Category_3
|_Item1
Category_2
|_Category_4
|_Item1

All of the menu items have "Add item to pathway: yes"

Now I want the breadcrumb trail to follow along according to how the user navigates to Item1. Lets say they ignore the menu for the most part after clicking on Category_1 to get to Category_1. That's a Flexicontent category menu item which lists the subcategories and items in that category as links. In this case it would list Category_3. So the user clicks on that link presenting them with another category view (Category_3 which lists Item1 which they then click. This breadcrumb trail should display as:

Category_1 > Category_3 > Item1

It seems to work ok at first but sometimes if the user goes the other way to get to the article (by clicking on the category list links.) It will display the wrong trail. Instead of displaying:

Category_2 > Category_4 > Item1

it displays:

Category_1 > Category_3 > Item1

Any solutions that will make the breadcrumb trail be accurate no matter which path the user takes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline