[solved] Huge performanc problems using flexicontent

More
13 years 2 months ago #13944 by fesghel
Hi,
Please would you explain the problem more. Is it with the number of cat and subcats or is it a problem of importing?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13945 by gswahhab
Hi fesghel i am assuming this is in response to the bug tracker post to investigate this.

The issue is when you have a lot of subcategories.

We had 10 subcategories and we have about 3000 articles. We were linking to the main category which then pulls in the subcat content.

The getdata function is inside of a for loop for a subcategory function inside the category view model and for that specific call it looks like it does nothing.

We had some big performance issues and when i looked at my joomla debugger to look at the queries i noticed 6 queries for each sub category 2 of these queries were very db heavy and were identical except for a limit that was added to one of them. Each of those queries took .3 seconds. so .6 second per sub category x 10 - 12 = way to long. Our page loads reflected this as well as typical page load for just those pages was around 10 seconds with file & flexi caching on! With caching off it was 20 - 30 seconds!

Now that i removed the getdata function call there is only 1 query per subcategory and it is not db intensive.

Our page loads time are around 1.5 seconds now with caching. With cahing 2.5 - 3 seconds.

Please keep me up to date on what you find i would be interested to hear it. I can provide you with a dev environment to see the issue in action if you want just pm me.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13948 by micker
hello i send this to manu
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 2 months ago #13967 by fesghel
It seems the problem is with the nesting, right? I mean the problem will show up when we have something like this:
CatA:
-SubCatA
--Sub(SubCatA)
---Sub(Sub(SubCatA))
Am I right?
I have a category that each month one subcat will be added to it. Something like this:
CatA:
-subcat1
-subcat2
-subcat3
According to what you said, the query to get data from subcat1 should take time just like the corresponding query for subcat2 and the added time for the query(that should be doubled) won't make a serious trouble, though we'd better to heal it just now.

Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #13968 by gswahhab
No my issue was with just one level in:

National
- News
- Interviews
- Event Results
- Etc..

We only went 1 level deep when we had the issue.

Also if you can read sql queries you can turn on your debugger and look at the generated queries to check them. What i did was take the queries and enter them into phpmyadmin one by one of the ones i found odd to see how much time they took to execute.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13970 by fesghel
Then it seems it'll make trouble for me sooner or later. So, when did you find it exactly? In the time of viewing the subcat's items?

Thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline