flexi joomfish sh404: url translation issue

More
13 years 1 month ago #14232 by gdeldeo
Hi gus,

need a more educated guess than mine.
I have the last sh404 and fish 1.5 (they were working fine together with com_content before i migrated to flexi)

sh404 setting translate url on, category translated on the fish, article translated on flexi

language selection works fine, when i switch language i see the article in the correct language

Here starts the weird. on my main menu i have links to flexi items and flexi category (same category hosting the items). The system translates the category url correctly, but keeps the main language for the item like

<domain>/<translated_cat_url>
<domain>/<translated_cat_url>/<translated_subcat_url>
but
<domain>/<original_cat_url>/<item_url>

So it looks like it doesn't translate the url when you point to an item.

where to look?

.... I just solved it...I figured it out while i was writing. I keep the posting for future reference. Admin if you'd like to remove it, I am fine.

so, there a comment in the sef_ext/com_flexicontent.php that says do not translate item urls.
I commented the row
$row = $database->loadObject ( null, false );

and uncommentend the block
if (shTranslateURL ( $option, $shLangName )) {
$row = $database->loadObject ();
} else {
$row = $database->loadObject ( null, false );
}

Should I worry about anything? Any specific reason why it was commented? The specific file was downloaded here in the forum, not part of the official release. i found it in the thread that talks about alias urls (can't remember the actual url ... sorry)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14248 by micker
thanks for this return
can you post your issue and solution in bug tracker to verify with dev ?
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 month ago #14292 by yopyop001
Hi,

Can you try with the latest version on the SVN

File :
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/s ... ontent.php

Regards

More
13 years 1 month ago #14491 by gdeldeo
Hi,

thank you for the tips!
I did give it a try but I didn't solve much.

I use joomfish 1.5 and the last sh404, translate URLs on sh404 enabled.

I create the transaltion on Flexi by copying and assigning a different language. Menus and categories are translated on the fish.

Apparently with this configuration, the system displays the correct article and the title tag is right too. The URL instead takes the title of the item in the original language producing:

<domain>/<main language code>/<category main language>/<item title main language>
vs
<domain>/<translation language code>/<category translation language>/<item title main language>

I poked here and there but I couldn't find the issue.

On the other side if I keep the translation on Flexi and I create a translation on the fish for the content item, the system displays the content from Flexi but takes the url from the fish.
If I delete the content from flexi, the system displays both the content and the URL from the fish.

Any problem if i use the fish instead of flexi to manage the translations?

Thank you in advance

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline