12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #18831 by gcprnet
I have about 1400 articles in several nested categories like the following
cat1
|-cat1.1
|-cat1.2
|--cat1.2.1
|--cat1.2.2
|-cat1.3
article order was set to "newest first".
The categories that have subcategories are set to "display items from subcategories".
Now I wanted to switch the article order from "newest first" to "order", which I did for all categories.
I can work with the sort order of articles in any category and subcategory as expected: Change the order, use the arrow-icons to change the order and save it by klicking the little save-icon in the top of the column.
BUT working with the article-order in the very top category (cat1) I can't do any of the tasks described above. Clicking on the small save-icon in the top of the column results in an error message: "500 - An error occured!"
I really need to set the article order in all of my categories so any help is highly appreciated.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by gcprnet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #18836 by ggppdk
mmm, will try to reproduce this.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #18838 by ggppdk
Please do this to help track down the error:

Go to file:
administrator\components\com_flexicontent\models\items.php

Find this (3 times)
Code:
$err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); JError::raiseError( 500, $err );
and replace with
Code:
$err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); echo "<br>POSITION-1<br>".$query."<br>"; echo $err; exit(); JError::raiseError( 500, $err );

Please above put: POSITION-1, POSITION-2, POSITION-3

Post back the output here, and then undo the changes.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 7 months ago #18845 by gcprnet
hmm... I'm afraid this didn't work:
I replaced the code as you described it but as soon as I hit the save icon in the order-column it gives me a blank page with the plain 500 - an error occured message:

this is, how items.php looks at the moment (line 993 ff):
Code:
if (!$this->_db->query()) { //$err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); //JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); $err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); echo "<br>POSITION-1<br>".$query."<br>"; echo $err; exit(); JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); } $query = 'UPDATE #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations' . ' SET ordering = '.(int) $origin->ordering . ' WHERE itemid = '. (int) $row->itemid . ' AND catid = ' . $filter_cats ; $this->_db->setQuery( $query ); if (!$this->_db->query()) { //$err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); //JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); $err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); echo "<br>POSITION-2<br>".$query."<br>"; echo $err; exit(); JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); } $origin->ordering = $row->ordering; } else { $query = 'UPDATE #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations' . ' SET ordering = '.(int) $origin->ordering . ' WHERE itemid = '. (int) $origin->itemid . ' AND catid = ' . $filter_cats ; $this->_db->setQuery( $query ); if (!$this->_db->query()) { //$err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); //JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); $err = $this->_db->getErrorMsg(); echo "<br>POSITION-3<br>".$query."<br>"; echo $err; exit(); JError::raiseError( 500, $err ); } } return true;
Regards

More
12 years 6 months ago #19468 by gcprnet
Hi, are there any news to this?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19469 by ggppdk
Hello, what version are you using?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline