[solved] Can't delete type because on non existent articles

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #21265 by gcprnet
I have a strange problem here.
I want to delete a type but FC says this isn't possible because there were still 8 articles assigned to it.
When I click on the link to show the articles that are assigned to the type, I get no results. All my articles are located in Flexicontent-categories and all have types different from the one I want to delete. Any Idea what went wrong here?
(its the type "Article", which I don't need anymore because all of my articles have different types and templates)
Regards
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by gcprnet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21271 by ggppdk
mmm,
-- login as superadmin then goto the system 'flexicontent' plugin, and choose it to redirect for administrators and lower usergroups
-- then go to joomla article manager and check of deleted items,

If there are delete them, i think that these may not appear in Flexicontent items manager tab.

If you find , tell me and i will test myself and make some change to display them.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21274 by gcprnet
I already did this before, because I thought I might find those articles in the joomla article manager. I also looked in the recycle bin but it's empty.
Should I PM you a superadmin login, so you can check yourself?
Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21281 by ggppdk
The items manager tab will list all items except those that have state -1 (archived) and -2 (deleted)

So if you items are archived (GOTO FLEXIcontent archive manager) or they are deleted goto joomla article trash.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 4 months ago #21282 by gcprnet
I think I solved it: I took a look at the database with phpmyadmin and I located 8 entries in jos_flexicontent_items_ext that had type_id=1, the type I wanted to get rid of. Then I took the Ids of these entries and looked them up in jos_content: Those IDs were non-existent. After backing up the database I just deleted the 8 entries from jos_flexicontent_items_ext. Now I could deactivate the type.
Now I hope, I didn't break anything...
Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21283 by ggppdk
You did not break anything, just if you had custom fields for the "article" type there will be some entries in the 2 tables that stores field values, but that should not be a problem.

We plan to include trash manager tab in the v1.5.7, or maybe add it in the items manager tab in v1.5.6 final

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline