[solved] need help: something broke my files upload

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #21287 by gcprnet
I want to let my users upload a file in their articles so I set up a new field (file). I assigned it to the desired type and now I have an upload-button on my frontend-new-article page. So far everything is OK.
But When I click on my file-upload-button I end up with an empty page instead of the file-upload-form of the filesmanager.
The Iframe points to
Code:
http://www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=fileselement&tmpl=component&index=0&field=65&itemid=0&items=0&filter_uploader=104&84f46704971efa4b130f6fd55f0c8f0a=1&Itemid=391
and the only contents of this page are empty head- and body tags.
This seems to be a frontend-problem. File-upload works fine when editing an article via backend.
Does anyone have any Idea what could cause this behavior?
Any help appreciated...
Regards
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by gcprnet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21290 by gcprnet
I think I found the cause of my "broken" fileupload:
I switched from SH404sef to Joomlas' system SEF and when I activate Joomlas' System SEF Plugin my fileuplad won't work anymore. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21356 by ggppdk
Also try this:
-- Restore the original .htaccess that came with joomla

If you test please post back here.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21358 by gcprnet
Negative, same result (I had the .haccess cleaned up before so only original entries were present, but even extracting a fresh one from the current archive did not change anything).
Am I the only one whos has this problem?
Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21386 by ggppdk
the fileupload html is created ok, then system sef plugin is replacing the --ALL-- html of the page with nothing , that is why you have a white page.

this is strange that the regular expression matching of the SEF plugin match and replace all page with nothing, is there somewhere some invalid characters ? or is it something else, i cannot easily test without a local copy

I have put this in the beggining of onAfterRoute function of the SEF plugin (plugins/system/sef.php):
Code:
if (JRequest::getVar('option')=='com_flexicontent' && JRequest::getVar('view')=='fileselement') { return true; }

If you upgrade joomla and this plugin is overwritten the reapply patch.

I have seen before system SEF plugin replacing a different page (the item edit form) with nothing. This is strange.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21517 by gcprnet
This workaround works good for me, thanks a lot! But it's still strange though. But anyway: Problem solved thanks to ggppdk :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline