Changes on test site erroneously applied on production site

More
12 years 2 months ago #22468 by agnesch
Hello all,

sorry for the lame subject line, but I didn't know how to clearly summarise my problem, which is:

I have a production site running Joomla 1.5.23 and FlexiContent 1.5.4. stable (r558).
As I need to make some changes, I created a test subdomain, made a backup via Akeeba Backup (in .jpa format) and restored the site on the test subdomain.

Now, the problem is that - and I don't know how this can be - every change I make from the test site is *only* applied in the production site, even if I created and used a different mySQL database for the test site.

I've also tried to clean the cache, but this didn't work either.

Finally, I've tried to apply other changes in the test site, such as unpublishing some modules on the homepage, and this changes correctly only applied to the test site, so this seems to be a FlexiContent issue.

Does anyone know how could I fix this problem?
(hopefully I've made myself clear)

Thank you so much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22470 by kenmcd
FLEXIcontent does not have a separate database configuration.
It uses the same Joomla global configuration.
So it is not going to be updating a different database.

There is something else going on here.
My guess is how the website was restored.
Perhaps they are actually using the same database.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22471 by agnesch
Thanks for the quick reply, kenmcd.
I've restored the backup using Akeeba kickstart, as I've done many other times with other Joomla websites I've created (where I didn't install FlexiContent, though).

Could you please tell me the procedure I should follow to check whether they're using the same database?

Thank you very much!

More
12 years 2 months ago #22474 by ggppdk
After duplicating the site to a new folder did you change the database name in configuration.php ???

Reopen the configuration.php of in the new folder and check which database you were using ...

You could also see the database you are using, in Joomla's Global configuration.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #22479 by agnesch
In Joomla's Global Configuration I can see the test site database settings which are correct and different from the ones in the production site. Also, I checked the configuration.php file in the demo site and it correctly shows the database settings as they are shown in Joomla's Global Configuration.

The only thing that's the same is the database prefix, which is the same for both databases (my_). Could this be the problem?

More
12 years 2 months ago #22481 by ggppdk
No the prefix is not the problem,

maybe somewhere in your joomla template you have hard-coded the database name of your production site?

FLEXIcontent uses the Database defined by joomla configuration.

Also you maybe you have hard-coded some URLs somewhere and you get redirected from the URL with the test folder to the URL of your production site.

Also when you created a new item in the backend, it was created in the production site?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 1.106 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline