Fields disappear and more than 2 images can't be placed...

More
14 years 3 months ago #3063 by orchid1
Ok
I tested your your template and it works on my end
here's an image of the work
www.orchid1software.net/images/stories/e...nal/aqua_plants1.png
is this what you are trying to do??

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3064 by orchid1
My guess is that it has something to with the way you set up the fields maybe you did not publish to the right category this happened to me
check the article type and make sure you have default selected

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #3074 by ullits
I'm quite sure that the correct category is selected, there is only one, and 6 or so subcategoryes used to classify the plants to different purposes...
Yes .. what i want is quite similar to your example, but i can't get the third picture placed or get it to save when i set it up under the items withe description and så...
Here is a picture of the it at the user view
and a picture of the template with a little explanation..
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #6309 by GAskygirl
I am having the disappearing field problem as well. Suddenly the description field for my default template will not stay in the description area in the available zones panel. I can get it to show in any other zone except description or bottom. What the heck? It was working fine.

Another admin has been working in the site as well and may have configured or installed something that is causing the problem, but I don't yet know what that might have been. Can someone offer insight on what to look for? Thank you!

More
13 years 11 months ago #6950 by GAskygirl
Any ideas on this (see my last post above)? Link examples, if they help: This is an example of the template that won't allow description to stay in the description spot in the template (currently I have it in subtitle 3):

www.nwhorsesource.com/horse-topi ... d-grooming

And here's an article with the proper layout (different template, called news):

www.nwhorsesource.com/health/ite ... e-an-ulcer

More
13 years 11 months ago #6954 by kenmcd

GAskygirl wrote: Any ideas on this (see my last post above)? Link examples, if they help: This is an example of the template that won't allow description to stay in the description spot in the template (currently I have it in subtitle 3):

www.nwhorsesource.com/horse-topi ... d-grooming

And here's an article with the proper layout (different template, called news):

www.nwhorsesource.com/health/ite ... e-an-ulcer

On the page where the text does not appear in the correct place, there is no class info on the DIV surrounding that text.
I can see the subtitle3 DIV around it, then nothing.
My guess is a CSS conflict with your Joomla template.
Or it could be a problem with a custom FLEXIcontent template. (is this custom?)

Also on the page that does appear correctly, very little of the FLEXIcontent Items CSS file seems to be affecting the page.
So my guess again is the template CSS file is affecting the FLEXIcontent item.

There is some overlap on the classes in the FLEXIcontent CSS files and the core template CSS file(s) so it is possible to have them fighting with each other.

Also CSS code entered into the article/item itself can affect the page rendering.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline