RC9 : 1 warning 1 annoyement

More
11 years 5 months ago #30499 by kursus
Hello,

I'm testing the RC9 1514, but this appears in 1517 as well (J!2.5)

- I have a "Warning: Creating default object from empty value" in my views (frontend). All I did is install Joomla + Flexicontent, add an item uncategorized with default template, and change the home page menu item to Flexi Category or Item.

- I don't really understand the new design of filter bar in admin item view (Normal, trashed, archived...).
It's right in the middle of the list, distract the eyes, and it's kind of weird looking. You should consider repositioning it in the position Joomla (and Flexi) filters have always been, at the top and smaller, with standard drop down filters (furthermore it doesn't play well with some other admin templates). I also don't really understand why the "erase" button has disappear, as changing an item state to "trashed" can be a confusing concept to non-techy people.

By the way, is there a way to support Flexi developpement, like a paypal button somewhere?

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30515 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic RC9 : 1 warning 1 annoyement
1. About the placement of the normal/trashed/archive selector in items manager tab,

it was placed there so that people will not miss it, plus it it is a kind of important filtering,

i think it is a good place, but you are right that it might distracts eyes a little you think to change the "red" color and make it green for normal and red when trashed is selected?

2. about the DELETE thing you are right, i think we should add a distinct button "Trash" Button instead of relying to "Change state" button and a popup message to it "Move item(s) to trash, when you decide to delete items permanently click selector to displayed trashed items"

about warning, what is the line number and filename of the warning?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #30540 by kursus
Replied by kursus on topic RC9 : 1 warning 1 annoyement
Thanks for replying,

1) Sorry about forgetting this, the warning is on /components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.fields.php on line 470 (5 warnings for category view, 8 warnings for item view, all the same)

2) You're right it's a important thing to notice, but point is it's not the place where users expect to find it. To me it's confusing, saying to a client "so every filters you ever gonna need are here, but except for items, you can find it there". I think it's counter productive in the end.

2 bis) You're right about the erase button, it would be defintly a good thing to put it back.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31427 by ggppdk
I have just seen that PHP 5.4.x adds one more warning:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value

when assigning values to an object that was not created before value was assigned

e.g.

$obj->prop_a = 'val';

must become

$obj = new stdClass();
$obj->prop_a = 'val';

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31450 by ggppdk
ok, we fixed PHP 5.4 warnings in r1581

More
11 years 4 months ago #31541 by kursus
Replied by kursus on topic RC9 : 1 warning 1 annoyement
All right, no more warning, thanks a lot !

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline