Menu Category flexicontent $this->items is empty

More
10 years 9 months ago #38259 by Hableur
Hello,

Joomla 1.5.26
Flexi version 2.0.3 beta2 r1686

I just update Flexi, I have to put this version for not having MySql error on the header of items.

But now, menu category flexi doesn't show any item, and $this->items is empty with also a Sql error :
Code:
No valid database connection You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND com.object_group = 'com_flexicontent' AND com.published = 1 GROUP BY com.o' at line 1 SQL=SELECT COUNT(com.object_id) AS total, com.object_id AS item_id FROM jos_jcomments AS com WHERE com.object_id in () AND com.object_group = 'com_flexicontent' AND com.published = 1 GROUP BY com.object_id

It's strange because if I choose this category with a flexicontent_mcats menu, it's not empty, and with category content menu, it's not empty too. And it's the same for an other category (I have tested).

And also, my joomla modules no more appear when I look at a item.

Thanks for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #38262 by ggppdk
Hello,

this SQL error is from universal content module and is when trying to retrieve comments info but it does not effect the main query,

- will add a check not to execute query when item list is empty

-- so the reason for the reason for item list being empty is different,
e.g do you have ZERO for the "# per page" category parameter ?

-- about joomla modules? you mean specific modules or all modules ?
e.g. you speak of universal content module?
some bugs were fixed, so some SCOPING applied in the module could making them empty (due to the bug fixed)

-- you can send me a PM with admin login, but also provide specific information where to look, include

- relevant frontend URLs,
- menu Name and menu item name
- Module name

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38274 by Hableur
Hello,

- so the reason for the reason for item list being empty is different,
e.g do you have ZERO for the "# per page" category parameter ?

You are right ! I put it at 10000 (I want all)on global configuration, but it was at 0 in category configuration. So, if I put it to 100, i have 100 items on my page. But i want all (about 1700). But if I put #per page to 10000 (for having all), I have a blank page. I said it's a probleme of server configuration (PHP allowed memory)but my server administrator says it's not.

What's is your opinion ?

about joomla modules? you mean specific modules or all modules ?
e.g. you speak of universal content module?

It's about Joomla modules. They appear well on category views but desapear on item views.

I can't give you an admin login, because it's a professional site, but i give you a registered count for seeing problems :

For exemple : Articles médicaux, choose any item in any list : modules no more appear on item view.

Thanks !

More
10 years 9 months ago #38279 by ggppdk
Hello

1. with 1700+ items per page your server memory is not exhausted, but the PHP memory limitation per script execution is reached (or do you get a timeout? page loads for more than 60/120 seconds ?)
If you enable PHP error reporting inside some PHP file, prior to limit being reached, then will see a relevant message

2. About Joomla modules not showing, please check your configuration that controls when these modules are shown

- And you have not answered me if these modules are Universal Content Modules.

- And why do you think that this is related to FLEXIcontent ?

Anyway it is IMPOSSIBLE to say anything without access to the site

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38286 by Hableur
Thanks for your respons.

1. with 1700+ items per page your server memory is not exhausted, but the PHP memory limitation per script execution is reached (or do you get a timeout? page loads for more than 60/120 seconds ?)
If you enable PHP error reporting inside some PHP file, prior to limit being reached, then will see a relevant message

Well, I obtain immediatly a white page, without message, even in debug mode.

About Joomla modules not showing, please check your configuration that controls when these modules are shown

I done, it's ok. In fact, they are on category page, so it's good, but they don't be showed on item page.

And you have not answered me if these modules are Universal Content Modules.

I said it's Joomla standards modules, like latests news, search module and so on. I don't use Universal Content Module, I never succeded to have what I want with it.

And why do you think that this is related to FLEXIcontent ?

Because all was good before I made the update of Flexicontent.

Anyway it is IMPOSSIBLE to say anything without access to the site

This site contains personnal and professionnal data. I try to tell the site's owners if they are ok, but I don't think so...

Thanks for all.

More
10 years 9 months ago #38338 by Hableur
Hello,

some news :

- About the problem of memory, it was well a problem of memory allowed for php processing.

- About the problem of viewing modules on item page :

it's curious. I just have to put the item like "registered" instead of "public" and it's working.

However, I am a registered user, I want to see an item : if this item is public, public and registered modules showed on category screen desapear on item view. If the item is registered, public and registered modules are showed on item view...

And a good new : I arrived to use Universal module. An advice for french users : put your administration layout in english, it's more comprehensible !

Thanks !

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline