Cannot add tags in backend item edit

More
14 years 2 months ago #4478 by ewel
Hi,
In my fresh install of FX stable, the backend new content item or edit content item view, adding tags does not work. There is a field without a button and the area where the existing tags are supposed to be displayed is empty although there is one tag in the tags manager. I enclose an image. What could be the cause and solution?
Thanks in advance!

[attachment=0:2xjvvltl]<!-- ia0 -->FC-edit-tags-error.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2xjvvltl]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4481 by vistamedia
The tags in FLEXIcontent stable are added by clicking on ENTER key with an autocomplete.
There's a bug with safari browser that we've just corrected. Otherwise it function properly :)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4483 by ewel
Thanks! You're right, the auto-complete function works. I had not seen that because I added a tag through the tags manager only after I tried editing a content item.

What I don't understand yet is how to add a tag in the backend content item edit view? Or can tags only be added through the manager now?

More
14 years 2 months ago #4496 by vistamedia
If the word doesn't exist in the list and you press ENTER it's automatically added to the tag list.
Sweet, isn't it? :)

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4503 by ewel
Lol.. I must be the only one around here using Chrome! I just tried on FF and IE and there it works perfectly. But in Chrome, on both Windows and Ubuntu, it does not work. Worse than that: if I type a new tag, and press enter, then that has the effect of clicking the Apply button, but in the process of saving the entire body-text is deleted. So I guess this is a bug report. If you have trouble reproducing I can share my screen through Skype.

In FF and IE I like this new way of doing tags because it is cool, but what I miss very much is the convenience of seeing a list of tags to choose from. In general I think it is important to show a list of existing tags.
To give one reason by way of example: recently I made a site with FC in which I made heavy use of tags, and if I had not been able to select tags from a list it wouldn't have been so effective.
The other reason is that on websites with multiple authors you might want to really help and encourage people to use existing tags.

How about these two feature suggestions to address the above:
1. Make a clickable submit button next to the tags text field, and block the enter key for that field if the browser is Chrome.
2. Make a clickable list button next to the tags text field which drops down a list of tags from the field. Or alternatively, when the field gets focus and it is still empty, show all tags until input narrows down the selection of tags matching the first letters of input.
Like that it would be really sweet!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4519 by ewel
I just noticed that I might have given the wrong impression about what works and not. So, for the sake of clarity, what does work in Chrome is typing letters, seeing automatic suggestions coming up and clicking one to add. Removing tags also works. So where things go wrong is when a new tag is typed and the enter key is pressed.

A small suggestion for change of language of the tooltip of selected tags: I think some confusion could be avoided if you change "Please click here to delete this tag" into 'Please click here to remove this tag from this item'. People might be hesitant to click on a delete button thinking they might delete the tag from the master list.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline