Problem to set text searchable fields by content type in the advanced search

More
8 years 7 months ago #57328 by osep45
Hello,

I have a problem to get correct results in an advanced search page when I use the text search : expected items are not found. I think that the search works fine into the core fields but not into the Flexi fields.
Here is what I've done :
- in the fields page : I've set some fields as "yes" for "Text Search" in the column "Search view"
- in Search index page, I've cleared the Advanced Index and run the "Re-Indexed Advanced" (search view)
- in the menu link, I've set "Search Words in Advanced index".
My problem is with the parameters of the section : "PER content type configuration (ADVANCED Index)".
If I set Text-Search Fields as "hide" : some expected items are not found by the search, it seems that it comes from the Flexi fields.
So I've tried to set Text-Search Fields as "According to type". Then I've edited the type and in the "search view" tab I've tried to set some "Text searchable fields". But I can't select the fields as none appears in the list (only "please select" value) and I can't write the field name in the corresponding area.
And I've got the same problem if I set Text-Search Fields as "No, configure below" in the menu link : I can't select the fields as none appears in the list and I can't write the field name in the corresponding area.
Can you help me ? I must have missed something.
Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57330 by ggppdk
Hello

in fields manager make sure that the fieds are marked as "Text searchable" for search view
the re-index the advanced search index

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #57377 by osep45
Thanks for your answer.
The problem is that the fields are already marked as "Text searchable" for search view in fields manager. I've tried to set them as "non searchable", to re-index, then to set them again as "text searchable" and to re-index, but the problem remains.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57379 by ggppdk
Hello

setting as text searchable means that search-index will include them
- then you may use them or not, this depends on the configurations of the FLEXIcontent search menu item
please check parameters there

as we had some change in recent version, i will re-test, but you also check in FLEXIcontent search menu item
that
1. advanced index is used for text search (by default it does NOT use it)
2. that all text search fields are used not some (yes you can configure to use only some of them)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #57383 by osep45
I've checked :
- advanced index is used for text search (I set in the search menu item the parameter "Search Words in" with the value "Advanced index (use configured fields)" )
- in the section "PER content type configuration (ADVANCED Index)", "Text-Search Fields" is with the value "no,configure below" : I guess that all fields are used, as I can't select any fields in the list (only "please select" value appears).

I've looked deeper into the problem : the search in fact is working for some words but not for others :
example : the search gives a result for "trou d'aiguille" and for "trou" but if I search "aiguille", the search gives "no result".
other example : I have some numbers like XX_01, XX_02, XX_03... (which are filled in a specific Flexi field marked as "Text searchable" for search view ) ; if I search "XX_02" with "exact phrase", the search gives "no result".

Thanks for your help

More
8 years 7 months ago #57451 by osep45
Have you found something that could help me to solve the problem described above ?
Thanks in advance.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline