[SOLVED] How to allow frontend user to assign secondary categories to items (item form)

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57868 by tontir
Hello everyone.

First, I wanna say thank you for the awesome work on this extension, it's the most usefull and well done I've ever tried.

Now here is my problem. Somehow, I have no clue how and why, the ability for users to use secondary categories in the front end submission form is disallowed. The fiel only shows "locked". But when I try the same thing with my own account (super admin), I can access it.

Do you have any clue of where I can change that and set the persmissions ? is it a per category setting ? Because authors are already set in categories, and it works just fine in the primary category field, they can only see the categories they can write in.

But I would like them to be able to specify more categories in the secondary categories field, still accordingly to their privileges.

How my description is clear enough, let me know if it misses information.

Thanks in advance, and once again thank you for the amazing job !

Tony
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57869 by ggppdk
Hello

by default secondary category assignments are not allowed to any user group

1. in any backend FLEXIContent screen click "configuration" button to open the component permissions
2. click the permissions TAB
3. select the user group at the left and set the relevant permissions at the right

You need to set "Assign multiple categories to items"

... then optionally set others too e.g.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57870 by tontir
Thanks a lot, it worked. That's awesome !!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline