About configuring Breadcrumbs

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71885 by Anazititis
I am creating a website using Flexicontent. For my SEO reasons, when i create a menu, i use content items from Flexicontent as Menu Item Type. By doing so, the breadcrumb appears wrong, as you can see on this page, cyprusholidaysguide.com/special-holiday-deals
After the correct breadcrumb, Home--Special Holiday Deals, it continues showing the category of the item and then the item again, in this occasion after Home--Special Holiday Deals, it continues Uncategorized--Special Holiday Deals.
I had a similar problem with the Meta Title of the pages, where after the title i was giving, the category title where the item belonged appeared. I managed to fix this but i cannot find where to go in order to fix this issue with my breadcrumbs, so your assistance will be much appreciated.
Best regards from Cyprus,
Charis Theocharous.

PS. I use Maximenu CK and Template Creator CK, if this makes any difference, although i don't think so.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71886 by micker
in flexicontent glovbal config did you set breadcum option ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71887 by ggppdk
Hello

At component parameters , inside TAB "Redirections / SEO"
the parameter:

"Automatic pathways" is ON by default

the above will create the "Breadcrubs" (=Pathway) using the category tree (category titles)

if you want to have the pathway be created using the menu tree (menu item titles)
then disable the parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71891 by Anazititis
Hi,
i suppose that by saying "Automatic pathways" you mean the parameter "Create pathway automatically" . Actually, this was set to No, not Yes, and the breadcrumb when is set to No is like this, Home -- Special holiday deals -- Uncategorised -- Special holiday deals

If i set the parameter "Create pathway automatically" to Yes, then the breadcrumb looks like this, Home -- Uncategorised -- Special holiday deals, i.e. the link Special Holiday Deals between Home and Uncategorized disappears, but the link to the category (or Uncategorized in this occasion) is still here. I tried several combinations with the various parameters under SEO & SEF URLs but did not manage to remove the Uncategorized from the breadcrumbs.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Anazititis.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71892 by ggppdk
Hello

what i said before is correct
but

there are more settings,
besides the automatic pathways that if enabled it removes menu items from pathway
(so in your case you want the menu item titles so set the above to 'No')

-- There is also "depth" setting inside option TAB in various menu items
in your case you probably have category menu items

So to avoid adding parent categories in pathway

1. Disable "Create pathways automatically" (as said above)
2. In the menu items select depth to be 5, meaning start adding parent categories when reaching a category that is at depth 5 or more

e.g. to exclude top-level categories from pathway set Depth to 1
e.g. to exclude top-level categories and their sub-categories from pathway set Depth to 2

Finally to exclude specific categories for pathway and from linking to them directly configure the "Advanced route" system plugin
the above is a good choice if you have only specific categories that you do not want to be shown in the pathway

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 2 months ago #71899 by Anazititis
Hello,
first of all i would never question your knowledge about FlexiContent, after all you are one of the creators and i am sure you know a million things more than me about it. I just write down what i see in order to find a solution to what i want to do.

The only place i managed to find something about depth, is in Hidden FlexiContent menu, Content, Options. Here first thing is Pathway (Breadcrumbs), Start to add parents categories at depth: and i set it to level 5, but i still have the same problem.
I cannot see the same Options for my other menus i created.

Do you want me to give you access on my back end to see your self?

Thanks and regards,
Charis.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline