Double category in breadcrumbs

More
4 years 4 months ago #77615 by grabit
Hi,

I have a problem in my breadcrumbs, when I visit an item, the category appears 2 times in the path like that:

Home > News/Press > News > News > Basel Convention communication - Entry into force of the Amendment to the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their disposal

When viewing the category blog I have only 1 time the category like that:
Home > News/Press > News

I have tried to change "Start to add parents categories at depth" but after Level 1 no change.

Any Idea?

exemple: bir.grab-it.com/news-press/news/item/143...l-base-metals-editor

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #77617 by ggppdk
Hello

Home > News/Press > News > News > Basel Convention communication

- the first 'news' is the menu item
- and the second 'news' link that you is the category of the item

What to do:
You can
- either enable automatic pathways in component or in category parameters
- or you can go to your menu item and set the category depth , after which we will start adding category links to the pathway

e.g. you can say start adding at "3" meaning only add category if it is at nested depth 3 or more

the effect of the parameter depends at the depth of the category
what is the depth of category "news" ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

More
4 years 3 months ago #77787 by grabit
I did the automatic pathway like you recommended but now I have some problems with the "empty categories" that are in fact some builded pages.

For instance I created a news/press category to reflect the menu structure but when I click on this part of the breadcrumbs it is sent to the category page and not the content page I created.

Is it a way to redirect correctly those urls?

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline