Creating a field wit values deducted from another field. Is it possible?

2 months 3 weeks ago #77765 by grabit
HI,

I have a few fields with detailed check boxes. Detailed commodities in each sector. This field is visible for registered users only.

I need a more general field (Commodity) visible by the non registered users.

Is it a type of field I can use. The idea is that if there is one option clicked on my detailed activity then the general activity is checked.

The purpose is to use it as a filter.

Here are the 2 filters pages (registered and non registered view)

Thanks for your suggestions

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #77779 by ggppdk
Hello

yes it is possible and implemented already

we can have a field be created automatically via custom code during saving of the item form

Do you have flexisyspro plugin installed ?
It has a new extra parameter for making a field automatically calculated from other fields
e.g. add the value of 2 other fields, or find the maximum of them, or any other custom PHP code that you would write

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

2 months 3 weeks ago #77783 by grabit
No I don’t have flexysyspro. How is it possible to have it. I am interested in Flexicontent Pro but it seems not yet available.

2 months 3 weeks ago #77799 by grabit
Sorry to push this question up but I need to be online on Wednesday and this feature is needed.

So how can I use Flexsyspro?

2 months 3 weeks ago #77801 by ggppdk
Hello

i have emailed you the plugin, along with a picture showing the 2 parameters (e.g. in) text/number/... field
Please install via Joomla install manager

then you can use the Pro options in e.g.
- to make a text/number/etc field automatically calculate a value when form is saved

The advantage is that such fields are filterable
because if you would do the calculation via a field layout then this of course would not be filterable

If you need help with writing the custom PHP code that will calculate the field automatically,
- then you make ask via email,
and will help for a small fee (as long as you provide a good description how it will be calculated)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.