Creating a field wit values deducted from another field. Is it possible?

More
4 years 2 months ago #77765 by grabit
HI,

I have a few fields with detailed check boxes. Detailed commodities in each sector. This field is visible for registered users only.

I need a more general field (Commodity) visible by the non registered users.

Is it a type of field I can use. The idea is that if there is one option clicked on my detailed activity then the general activity is checked.

The purpose is to use it as a filter.

Here are the 2 filters pages (registered and non registered view)

Thanks for your suggestions

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #77779 by ggppdk
Hello

yes it is possible and implemented already

we can have a field be created automatically via custom code during saving of the item form

Do you have flexisyspro plugin installed ?
It has a new extra parameter for making a field automatically calculated from other fields
e.g. add the value of 2 other fields, or find the maximum of them, or any other custom PHP code that you would write

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 2 months ago #77783 by grabit
No I don’t have flexysyspro. How is it possible to have it. I am interested in Flexicontent Pro but it seems not yet available.

More
4 years 2 months ago #77799 by grabit
Sorry to push this question up but I need to be online on Wednesday and this feature is needed.

So how can I use Flexsyspro?

More
4 years 2 months ago #77801 by ggppdk
Hello

i have emailed you the plugin, along with a picture showing the 2 parameters (e.g. in) text/number/... field
Please install via Joomla install manager

then you can use the Pro options in e.g.
- to make a text/number/etc field automatically calculate a value when form is saved

The advantage is that such fields are filterable
because if you would do the calculation via a field layout then this of course would not be filterable

If you need help with writing the custom PHP code that will calculate the field automatically,
- then you make ask via email,
and will help for a small fee (as long as you provide a good description how it will be calculated)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline