[Item form] Select multiple secondary categories at once when using filter box (text search box)

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #78684 by refacil
I want to associate an article with several secondary categories (taking into account that I have more than a thousand categories) I use the search for a word within the option to associate secondary categories, for example physical, and when it brings me the results with the physical word, it only gives me the option to select a secondary category, if I want to add another category with the physical word, I have to do the search again and select only a secondary category and that becomes very slow and expensive, ideally I could put a filter and select from there several categories at once, to associate them with the article.

This only happens with the search option, because if I try to select several secondary categories directly from the drop-down list, that is if it allows it, but it involves me displaying the more than a thousand categories and seeing which category I need and which do not, , which also results slow.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #78688 by micker
hello can you send a link to search ? did you use flexicontent search view ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #78689 by ggppdk
Hello

@micker

refacil speaks of (secondary) categories selector in item form

if you do not use the search box then you can "tick" / "check" / "select" multiple categories because the drop-down selector remains open

if you use the search-box, then as soon as you "tick" / "check" / "select" a category , the drop-down selector closes,
and you have to reopen selector and search again

Plus refacil has many categories, which make reopening the selector, to be annoying

I do not know if this is common need.

@refacil we will be replacing select2 JS during next 1 year ,
so doing more work on it , aka spending time and risk adding bugs seems not worth doing

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 11 months ago #78694 by refacil
ggppdk explained well.

Although it is another topic, the most interesting for the next year, would be to be able to see the same article (item) from various categories, although one main category is the owner and the others only show the article (item).

bye, thank you all.

More
3 years 11 months ago #78696 by ggppdk
Hello

to make the item appear in other category , you need to use flexicontent category view

in Joomla category view, you will only see the item in its main category

Try
1. editing your Joomla category menu item
2. click on the Menu "type" and select Flexicontent category
3. then select again the category (when you changed type it gets lost)
4. save the menu item

do this for all Joomla category menu items

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
3 years 11 months ago #78713 by ggppdk
Hello

about your PM

the way to add secondary categories is via the
"Assignments TAB" in item form

if you edit the item as
- either superadmin
- or as user that has privilege to edit secondary categories

then you can use the secondary categories selector inside the "Assignments TAB" inside item form

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline