Problem with overriding category create ACL via a submit Menu item

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79056 by seabird
Hi,

I do an update 3.3.5 to 3.3.7 but now there is a problem with override categorie ACL in Menu item form.
My override categorie ACL does not work anymore on initial submission. It's OK in v3.3.5 .

regards,

Eric
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #79057 by ggppdk
Hello

there has been some changes regarding handling of categories in create and edit tasks

e.g. one of the changes is that the secondary categories field are hidden when the user cannot set them

are you trying to override ACL for main category or secondaries categories or both ?
i will test this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79058 by seabird
Hello,

Yes I try to override ACL for main category only.

For exemple

Eric
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by seabird.

More
3 years 6 months ago #79362 by mcmurdok
Hello,
are there any news?
i've got the same problems. We set up many of our sites with menu-items "Content item submission form - Display form for creating a new item" with preselected categories for our customers. We do this for every category where they should add new content quick from frontend.

For example we have a 'news' category and an assigned menu item for inserting new 'news'-items with the correct type and with the correct preselected category(ies).

So every customer who can see this "+ insert news item" can do this regardless the ACL (except access level). But this also worked for unregistered users if they could see these type of content-submission-menu-items.

After updating I got the message, that I wasn't allowed to create content in categories "You are not authorized to create content in any category"
It seems that the parameters "allowunauthorize", "overridecatperms", "override_mulcatsperms" aren't interpreted anymore by views/item/tmpl/form.php. They aren't part of this file.

As an user with the right ACL I still can submit new content because the right to create in categories. But also as an admin I liked to have the same preselected submission form without having to scroll through tons of categories.

You can test it: Create a public item to submit content. Then allow to create content and to see categories and multicategories in the menu item settings,
Preselect a bundle of categories and test it in an older version of FC. All will work fine. After updating you'll get this error: "You are not authorized to create content in any category" and you're going to get redirected,

Regards

More
3 years 6 months ago #79363 by ggppdk
Hello

i have made a fix
Can you test and then i will make new release

(install via URL)
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/archive/3.3.n.zip

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 6 months ago #79372 by mcmurdok
Hello,
the category preselection does work.
But "Unauthorized submit- Ignores ACL 'create' (**)" seems still not being used to block unauthorized users. Now every user can create content regardless the selected option "No, use ACL". But a "public"-user hasn't the right to create content in flexicontent, Neither in types nor in all of the categories.

Is there a possibility to assign and preselect to all categories but not to block the selection switch. So the user easy could deselect one from eg. 10 instead of choosing 9 from 10.
This would be great.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline