Creation date format different than others, YYYY-MM-DD, instead of DD-MM-YYY

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79167 by AlainR
Hi.

We note that the format of the creation date is different, inverted compared to the other formats of dates and I do not know how to modify it, having seen nothing in the options of the field "created".

Is this linked to the European date format?

How to fix this please? is it in the code directly? or an option I haven’t seen?
In a depublication date field, I find the field to define the format %d-%m-%Y. Indeed, there is a "Edit" tab that is not in the field "created"...
I also went to look in the type, but you can only change the label and the two description fields

Many thanks in advance for your help
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #79177 by micker
here it joomla configuration (joomla core native field) check global config of your site

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 8 months ago #79183 by AlainR
Thank you for your answer but I don't understand what you mean.
What do you mean with "check global config of your site" ? where can I find that ?

In J! configuration, I can’t find any parameters concerning the format of the dates.
In the articles options, I find no option concerning the format of the dates either, just the possibility to choose between the date of creation, modification or publication.

Finally, in the FC options, I cannot find an option regarding the format of the creation date. Only the possibility of formatting the publication date or even depublication, when I create the ad hoc field since they are not core fields, as described in my first post.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79184 by ggppdk
Hello

This is forced inside
item.xml file

so that the format will come from the language file (LL-CC.ini) of the current language
Code:
DATE_FORMAT_CALENDAR_DATE="%Y-%m-%d" DATE_FORMAT_CALENDAR_DATETIME="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

which can be overridden in Joomla Configuration for language overrides

i will check that no issues occur, and will remove the forcing of format if we do not have code that depends on the format, we do not want to add some new bug in v3.3.n now

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79185 by ggppdk
Hello

i have found that saving in custom format the dates
created
modified
publish_up
publish_down

i tested Joomla article form without flexicontent installed and the bug is there too

so i will change publish_up and publish_down to be also
Code:
%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

this way there will be consistency in the publishing dates and no bugus saving destroying the dates

Updated version is here:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/archive/3.3.n.zip
you can use install via URL (Joomla installer) to install it

Thanks for report

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 7 months ago #79309 by AlainR
Hello.
Thank you for your answer and update.
I update FC today and I see that modifying date format in Edition -> Values tabs doesn't change anything in item's edition :

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline