[Image source setting] Images are reported as deleted after upgrade

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79233 by netenvie
in 3.3.7 (3.3.8 is not downloadable ...).
And image source mode (in field) is set on DB.
Despite i think it should be better set on folder ... but it worked like that for years.

So i presume with DB setting in field, it use component configuration path ... True ?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79234 by netenvie
I had a look on server and there is images at root, at images root and in normal folder (the one set in component configuration) ...
It seems like with some version (3.3.5 perhaps) there was a kind of bug with DB source setting in field image.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #79236 by ggppdk
Hello

the default value for this field was changed from "DB-mode" to "Folder mode"
if you have not save the image field for years,
then this will happen

i think in your case you need to set it to DB-mode

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 8 months ago #79240 by netenvie
Hello,
When i checked field (after last up to 3.3.7) it was on DB mode.
But perhaps after an earlier upgrade it gone to Folder mode and as there is an auto delete unused image process it could have delete some*.
It is very annoying ...

More
3 years 8 months ago #79241 by micker
its realy strange i have many flexicontent and update no error for me

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 8 months ago #79243 by ggppdk
Hello

-- It will happen if the field has not been saved since image-source parameter was added and before the default value was changed
this is a period of a few years

We added folder-mode like 7 years ago ??? and then 1 or 2 years ago ?? the default value for image source was changed to "folder-mode".

- since the parameter is missing from the JSON string there was no quick way to auto-set the value for compatibility, like we have done for other upgraded field, although with some extra work it is possible to do

The field only needs to be saved once with correct image source and the issue will not return

About the items saved and thus effected
After setting it to DB-mode, it should be possible for these items, to re-select the images, (possible only is if you know which images were selected before), since when field was bogusly in folder-mode, it did not delete files used by DB-mode

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline