Item Permissions get reset after one edit

More
3 years 1 month ago #79866 by dschaco
Hello,
We have this issue where if a group has editing and publishing permissions to modify an item it gets removed/reset after only editing once.
We want only specific users to only be able to edit their own items. I don't think we had this issue in the past but for some reason it started doing it or we just noticed that the permissions were being "reset" per item.

For example, if itemA was set to only allow groupA we wouldn't want groupA to be able to edit itemB or groupB to edit itemA.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
-Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #79869 by ggppdk
Hello

if the category of the item has been changed then the user may not have permission
edit.own in that category

also the way Joomla permissions is this
- you may give "Edit.own" for "user Group A" for category A
- you may (explicitly) deny the "Edit.own" for  "user Group B" for category A

if your a user belongs to both usergroups "user Group A"  and "user Group B"|
then this user will not be able to edit his/her items in "category A"

Do you know what is soft deny and and hard deny in Joomla permissions ?
"Soft deny" means do not set the permission

e.g. One of the solutions for the above example
would be not set (aka "Soft Deny") the permission for "Edit.own" for category and for parent categories of "category A"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #79873 by dschaco
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly but I am a bit confused.
So, what we want is for the users in groupA to only be able to edit itemA. We don't want them to be able to edit any other items in that category other than itemA.
Our issues is after the items specific permissions are set the user in groupA can edit only that one item which is what we want but after they make one edit/publish the itemA's permissions get reverted and deny them from editing again.
Does that make sense?
-Dom

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #79875 by ggppdk
Hello

you may send me a PM with
a new super admin access
and also login details of such an "editor" user that show the issue
and then provide the item id of the item that i should edit to see the issue

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 10 months ago #80241 by dschaco
Hey @ggppddk,
Unfortunately, we cannot give you access to the site we have setup. It is an internal site.
The only thing we can do is try to troubleshoot. We don't think this is a normal thing that should be happening and we are trying to figure out what might be causing it.

Thanks,
Dom

More
2 years 9 months ago #80432 by dschaco
@ggppdk,
I am not sure if you saw my last post but we aren't able to give you access to our site as it is internal.
We are just trying to figure out this issue. Maybe if we can schedule a call or communicate via email.
That would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Dom

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline