bug ( i think) with select multiple field

More
2 years 10 months ago #80036 by philippeg
Hi,
i have trouble with the select multiple field :  i started a list, in this case years 2021 2020 2019 etc ... on one line i have done a mistake 2016 at the place of 2016 .. apparently the change was taking in count by the UI but not in the db .. so when i wanted to use the 2019 field that, that i believed was corrected .. it was no longer possible .. the correction that i have replace the false value 2016 by 2019 was not taken in count in the db ( i check directly in db via phpmyadmin) ; to correct the problem i have to make the changes directly in the db and after it worked .. but that means that the ui to make normally the change don't work well  .
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #80037 by micker
hello
can you post the config of you field value ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 10 months ago #80038 by philippeg
ok but like i said in ly reviuos poast it has corrected directly in the db :  and under the editor of the field     et when you change any thing here or if your delete a value and recreate it after you can't see it here  when you see in the db you see that you believe have been delete or change has not taking in count in the db ; to take it in count you have to cahnge directly in the db by phpmyadmin

More
2 years 10 months ago #80039 by philippeg
i think, if it is a bug, you can recreate it in any installation ..

More
2 years 10 months ago #80050 by ggppdk
Hello

This applies to all fields

Do you mean if changing options list will make the values in the assigned values in the DB to change ??

No, changing the available values will not !! modify and saved values in the field values DB table

This is by design to avoid data loss,
if you want to do such changes you can backup the DB and make a custom replacement SQL query

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
2 years 10 months ago #80052 by philippeg
"Do you mean if changing options list will make the values in the assigned values in the DB to change ?? yes i saw it with phpmyadmin but i don't see it in field parameters ; by exemple false values i have change in parameter field i saw them in the db .. and i saw them also here
  but not here  and to solve my problem i could'nt do it in parameters fields so i have to do it directly in db ..

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline