JComments spam - I want to switch to ReCaptcha

More
2 years 10 months ago #80355 by dan40
I've been getting a lot of spam in the JComments plugin lately and it's getting unmanageable.  I want to switch to ReCaptcha but when I do, I never get the image asking people to click to make sure they're not a robot.  I see this (the Security image is broken):

[img

I want to show my ReCaptcha image instead, and I have it enabled in Configuration:

I've done some research on the subject but nothing has a definitive answer.  Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #80356 by micker
hello jcomment isn't our component
the screen that you show is form flexicontent form not for jcomment ...
you need to check they support
you can try akeeba engage, but not tested ...
i next release we add discus and facebook comments

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 10 months ago #80357 by dan40
I know JComments is not your component, but there is a place in FC for setup of the extension, pictured above. I thought you would have fully integrated this into FC but I guess I was wrong. What about captcha-recaptcha? Have you integrated that, only I don't know where to find it, or are you thinking about it? Am I not enabling it properly? How can I use that with JComments?

More
2 years 10 months ago #80358 by micker
please re ready my message, this recaptcha is only for item form submission nothing more
if you need recaptcha in jcomment you need to check if it possible inside jcomment, its indenpendant

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
2 years 10 months ago #80359 by dan40
Understood, I totally understand what you are talking about. I tried changing the setting in JComments to show the recaptcha icon but it just won't show. I'm trying Abeeka engage right now, seems fine and works properly the way I want it to, but I have to find out how to reduce the size of the comments field. It's HUGE! Thanks again.

More
2 years 10 months ago #80360 by micker
cool happy for your return

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline