Change Article URL from Article ID to Article Alias 03-09-2022

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #81822 by tazzarkin
Right now, if you click any Joomla component or module, it will point towards the following URL:

www.domain.com/articles/category/UID

Each article has its own UID, and that seems to be the default.  (I have already routed all Joomla Articles to FLEXIContent Articles.)

However, instead of showing UID, I want it to show the article ALIAS like the following URL:

www.domain.com/articles/category/ALIAS

Here is a real-life example to explain it better...

Instead of showing www.domain.com/articles/category/214 , I want it to show  www.domain.com/articles/category/title-of-article

How do I change the FLEXIContent settings so the Joomla Default will always show the ALIAS field?
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by tazzarkin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #81823 by micker
go to flexicontent global config and you have option to remove id in url for item and category (in flexicontent 4 for both)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 1 month ago #81826 by tazzarkin
You did not understand my question.

Please look at the two pictures. In one picture, you can see that the Global Setting has Remove id in URL set to yes.

However, when I click the link, it still only shows the Article ID.

I want it to show: www.domain.com/articles/category/title-of-article

How can we fix this?

go to flexicontent global config and you have option to remove id in url for item and category (in flexicontent 4 for both)
Attachments:

More
2 years 1 month ago #81827 by micker
In your option you only hide id for category not for item ..
But its not normal maybe you have an htacess problem i Cant reproduce your problem

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 1 month ago #81828 by tazzarkin
I do not think it is an .htaccess problem It has something to do with FLEXIContent settings and FC Item View.

When I turn off "Redirect to FC Item View" and "Route to FC Item View", and turn on "Allow" to Joomla Article View, then everything is okay.

With Joomla Article view, everything is GOOD. With FC Item View, that is when I have problem.

GOOD - Joomla Article View
PROBLEM - FC Article View
If it is GOOD with Joomla Article View, then it can not be an .htaccess problem.

I want to fix the FC Item View so it works. Can you please help me?

More
2 years 1 month ago #81829 by tazzarkin
I took a picture to show you.  With Joomla Article View, everything is GOOD.   With FC Item View, then I have PROBLEM.

GOOD - Joomla Article View
PROBLEM - FC Article View
If it is GOOD with Joomla Article View, then it can not be an .htaccess problem.

Please look at picture.  It is a problem with FC Item View Settings.

Can you please help me?
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.662 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline