This item is currently edited by another administrator

More
14 years 1 week ago #6273 by brandonroot
Hi, I'm using the most recent versions of FlexiContent and FlexiAccess on a blog site with about 60 writers.

So far everything works pretty well (bravo!) except for an issue that comes up occasionally after an article is submitted for review. If the writers don't save out of the article correctly when they submit it, the editors can't get at it to edit because it will say "This item is currently edited by another administrator" even if the other "administrator" (the author of the article) isn't logged in. Is there a way to apply a time-out period to each account, or automatically let the system know that articles aren't currently being edited by someone who isn't even logged in?

I keep having to send out emails telling people to "save out of their article" before logging out, which is a huge pain.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6277 by jimbo
Normally you can (have to) solve this problem with Joomla's "Global Checkin" (-> Help -> Global Checkin).

If you have enough know-how, I think you could create a cronjob wich launches the "Global Checkin" automatic at several times (for example every day at 01:00pm and 11:00pm). Who's working on an aricle at this time certainly will be knocked out... :|

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
14 years 1 week ago #6313 by brandonroot
Wow, that did the trick! Awesome, thanks.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline