Unable to edit from the front end

More
13 years 9 months ago #8470 by susanpenter
I have managed to create a menu item now with the data I ported in, however when you hit edit in the front end I get a 404 error box. Also even though I have edit switcher installed only TinyMCE will work in the backend. Sometimes I would rather use the JCE editor.
I can't find a way to configure either of these problems.
Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8936 by chessman
Hi susan,

for my part JCE works much better than tinyMCE.

Do you have last version of FLEXIcontent ?

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 9 months ago #8937 by susanpenter
Yes I have 1.5.3c which I am told by the system is the latest. The only way I can get JCE to work is to open a new content page with JCE set as the editor. If I use my editor switcher to go from TinyMCE to JCE I am told that there is no template field for it?

If I try editing a page I imported from the basic Joomla and I use page switcher to go from TinyMCE to JCE it jumps to a different page and deletes some content.
It seems a total mystery, whether or not the fact I have a Gantry template would make a difference I don't know.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8938 by susanpenter
I don't know if this is the problem but if I set the switcher to set the editor to JCE and then open up a page I get this error:

Could not find the file 'template.css' in the template or templates/system folder.
The css file '/templates/system/css/editor.css' is being used instead.

I don't know if this is the Gantry template that needs looking at or Flexicontent

More
13 years 9 months ago #8941 by chessman
About thé missing css file I think that is about the JCE configuration (Check it in the JCE component.

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline