Acesef (+ flexicontent) .. share experiences

More
12 years 7 months ago #18570 by ViveLeFlexicontent
I was wondering if other people are using acesef along with flexicontent, and how they feel about it.

I've had so many problems (and still have), if I chose a different seo component back when I started, maybe I could have been 2/3 months ahead of where I am now. I've put so many hours into getting it working, it's hard to stop using it now..

So for me it's more like a victim support group, this topic :|
But if anyone has positive experiences and maybe tips, it would be nice too :mrgreen:

And moderators, if this kind of topic is not allowed, please don't hold it against me and just delete it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #18575 by kenmcd
Nothing wrong with discussing real world experiences.
This can:
- perhaps save others a lot of wasted time and effort
- highlight issues which can then be fixed

Specific information is most helpful.

What version of AceSEF?
(current version on their website is v1.5.18, 21 June 2011)
What version of FLEXIcontent extension for AceSEF?
(current version on their website is v1.5.8, July 2011)
The FLEXIcontent extension for AceSEF will definitely need to be updated for the new Alpha-Index features in upcoming FLEXIcontent 1.5.6. And other changes may also require updates to that extension. So be concerned about that before you update.
What version of FLEXIcontent?

What are the specific issues you have been having?

Have you reported any of these issues in the AceSEF forum?
If you have, please link to those threads.

More
12 years 7 months ago #18589 by ViveLeFlexicontent
heya Ken,

well I deleted a large part of my previous post because it was all complaints.. and not an easy read.

Reading the posts I made on their support forum can however be a good read, and kinda funny...
eh > You do not have permissions to access this page.
:shock:
They removed my last one..
This is an older one
www.joomace.net/support/forums?func=view&catid=69&id=22470

And my problems isn't with flexicontent vs acesef.
It's with acesef altogether and especially their support and tutorials.
I even wrote a review on joomla extensions, but they didn't accept it. Even though I tried my best no to offend anyone. I even said: I wanted to give this extension 1 star but gave them 3 stars because I still have hope they will read this and learn from it.

I've posted 3 problems and ended up finding the solution myself, that's how good they know their own program.
They don't even read the questions properly, and close the topic whenever they feel like it.

The biggest problems I have/had, are with com_content, and kunena. When I started I was on a shared windows host with iis. And acesef didn't function at all.

After all the work I put into it, and all my effort of getting somekind of support from them, this is what google gives me:
Crawl errors

HTTP 3
In Sitemaps 222
Not found 1,043
Restricted by robots.txt 1
Soft 404s 2
Timed out 2
Unreachable 15

I'm now adding certain pages to url's moved tab manually, to end it.
Still my site is no failure and I just started to generate some income from it :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #18597 by ViveLeFlexicontent
never mind been at it the whole day again trying to get my kunena forum fixed. and it only gets worse.
been generating urls, and it doesnt even show up any longer. Googled their site, was reading a topic, went to page 2 and got mysql error, lol!
I give up.. wish I could get my money back, I just read their refund policy:

We want to make public our policy on refunds so that there is no confusion.

We not offer any cash refunds or exchanges.

:lol:

so change of topic..

Anyone know any good seo components that work with flexicontent and kunena?

edit: not even 1 minute later, I decided to go into main menu and see what the link to the forum was there. copied it in my browsers url and got a 404. So I deleted the 404, and tried again. It worked and all my forum urls finally got back to normal.
Thats the whole problem with the component, there is no logic in it.
So would really like to know if anyone has some suggestions for another component, so when I got to another host I can start a fresh.

ok last edit, and last whiner-post (sorry), just an example of what I have to deal with.
in moved tab (and I check and delete these regularly) moved from forum/credits.html to forumcreditshtml.html
and moved from forum/creditshtml.html to forumcreditshtmlhtml.html
:mrgreen: what the ......
oh and I didn't do this.. it does stuff like this on his own

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline