2J Gallery and Flexi

More
10 years 8 months ago #38722 by emanuelusa
Need some URGENT help here please.

The issue we are encountering is with inserting galleries into Flexicontent articles.
I setup 2 test servers. One with flexicontent installed and another with just a standard joomla install (no flexicontent)

Our goal is to insert galleries into our articles using a tag.
This is an image of the article on the website that does not have flexicontent installed.
This is the site that does not have flexicontent. I just click the button to insert the tag and the gallery shows inside the article.
Front view.

Now on the site with flexicontent I perform the same insert, but the gallery does not appear. Only the tag displays.

Thank you again for your help with this. If it will not be possible for us to insert galleries this way can you suggest another method or component that will integrate well with flexicontent?
:?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #38723 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic 2J Gallery and Flexi
Hello,

the tag is probably replaced via a content plugin,

go and edit the FLEXIcontent field description or textarea field or other field

1. enable parameter for content plugin triggering
in item view (or in category view too)

2. also there is a parameter to select which content plugins will be triggered, if you do not know the name of the plugin then select none and all plugins will be triggered

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 8 months ago #38724 by emanuelusa
Replied by emanuelusa on topic 2J Gallery and Flexi
thank you I will try that!

More
10 years 8 months ago #38736 by emanuelusa
Hi again, well after much trial and effort and finally asking the developers of 2J Gallery it appears that based on their response that 2J will not work with Flexi due to Flexi not parsing their tags, here is a quote from their help desk, "it's happening bec. flexicontent do not parse our tags. I'm afraid that we're not able to change it." Soooooo with that in mind, can you please recommend a gallery manager that will work with Flexi? Need something that will work pretty much OOTB at this point we have a site that needs to go live by Thursday. Thank you much for your help!
Robert :!: :?:

More
10 years 8 months ago #38737 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic 2J Gallery and Flexi
Hello,

most likely the 2J gallery has an if statement that prevents their code for running in flexicontent views !

FLEXIcontent v2.0.2 is compatible 99% of content plugins using the onContentPrepare event.

-- if tag of 2J Gallery is replaced by a content plugin that uses the onContentPrepare then it should work !

IF you have your development site online
then you can send me a PM with admin login and also provide a FLEXIcontent item id , and example e.g. add via JCE editor button the 2J gallery item nnn and view in frontend,

then i will test this today, usually i can check such things quickly (i cannot test locally 2J Gallery is not free to download, i could not spent 3000 euros to buy 100 commercial extensions to test them with FC anyway ...)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 8 months ago #38741 by emanuelusa
Excellent support thank you!

I will do as you request, unfortunately the Article Manager is now broke while trying the 2J Gallery fix. I will send you login so you can see maybe you see why it crashed. I can pay you if need be to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Robert

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline