Search functionality

More
14 years 1 month ago #5011 by samuel13
Does FlexiContent work with something like the Custom Properties component? Since it writes to the com_content tables, one would think so. I need the custom search functionality and fields custom properties offers in their plugin, it would be superb if Flexi is compatible or has something similar built in.

I currently use K2, their search is not so hot (it gives an error above the search results if using standard Joomla search module), and also being outside of the com_content tables, not compatible (to my knowledge - and not for lack of trying) with the Custom Properties component and plugin...

Please, anyone, your thoughts/experience??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5012 by iLLeT
Replied by iLLeT on topic Search functionality
I'm not familiar with Custom Properties, Just installed and tested 2 minutes.

FLEXIcontent comes with multiple front-end field filter which is similar to Custom properties. Although it does not have field checkbox, and not available in a module; it shows up above the category view. I just tried Custom porperties, and like it but is basically the same thing FLEXIcontent has (field filter, and tags)

K2 does have a third-party filter module, but seems buggy with K2 v2, while FLEXIcontent has it built in.

Why join the Navy? when you can be a pirate.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #5036 by samuel13
Replied by samuel13 on topic Search functionality
@iLLeT
Thanks for your input. I've not tried the K2 filter module, I'll try it before possibly switching over to Flexi on a site I've completed recently (I am not so happy about having to try and move the data tables back into the com_content...or rebuild the site altogether to use Flexi)

I thought I would ask, as I am beginning work on a new site for a client and think I may give Flexi a go from the start. I do need a module to use, placing it on the home page for a directory style navigation. So, if Custom Properties works with Flexi, I'll stick with it. It has worked really well in the past for me.

Here is the Custom Properties Component for those that have not tried it - extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-...g/tags-a-clouds/4240

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5936 by startpoint
Replied by startpoint on topic Search functionality
Hi
FlexiContent works with Custom Properties component.
If you want to display cptags button in editor:
1) Open cptags.php file, located in folder /plugins/editors-xtd. Comment rows from 69 to 73. Save, and that's it.
2) Just enable Trigger content plugins option in Description field.
I don't know if it works properly, because I have not tested with many fields. If there are problems, I'll be happy to share their solutions. I think this is a great addition to the amazing Flexicontent Component.
Good Luck

Notebooks, computers and software in Varna - startpointbg.com

More
13 years 8 months ago #9633 by Jay
Replied by Jay on topic Search functionality
Hi.

i tested and its not working.
i am not sure what is the problem is.

if u comment the row 69-83 u will get blank page cause
$option = JRequest::getCmd('option','') ; no way to execute.

please see if its able to get it work.
this is the only solution for custom search function.

if someone can modify this to output fc template style will be even better.

thanks

More
13 years 8 months ago #9640 by jimbo
Replied by jimbo on topic Search functionality

startpoint wrote: ... Comment rows from 69 to 73. ...

;)

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline