Large Websites

More
13 years 1 week ago #15273 by openg
Large Websites was created by openg
Hi all,

I saw a post by Emmanuel (Hi) about the fact that the largest site he has is a 20000 item site. I also saw a post by someone else on the net that stated that a mySql Joomla site would not function too well with more than 50,000 objects (an object being anything, meaning a single flexicontent item could content multiple objects).

Now I am developing a number of sites at the moment using xampp until I get the sites live, one has 20,000 items, the other has 35,000. Both sites are functioning OK on localhost (taking into account the slowness I usually find with xampp) but I am wondering what tips you would have for speeding a large flexicontent site up. Would you consider 35,000 items too many?

Any tips would be most welcome.

Thanks for a great project and all of your hard work by the way, I have been using Joomla for a number of years and am so pleased to see common sense solutions like this turn a good CMS into an excellent one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #15274 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Large Websites
hello
i think performance have some factor :
-serveur performance
-appache optimisation
-number of template
-number of item in categorie view
actualy use the last version of flexicontent because many optimisation for template and categori is inside.
REgards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 week ago #15275 by chessman
Replied by chessman on topic Large Websites
Hello,

Performance havé big relationship with webserver configuration.

For any large website using joomla or not, flexicontent or not, the major key feature is about the hosting machines.

If you want to have large website you have to consider having several servers using for exemple load balancing, check also RAM and configuration.

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 1 week ago #15276 by openg
Replied by openg on topic Large Websites
Thanks for the replies.
I would be interested in any web-server configuration tips you have - are there any tools that test how a server is running and advise configuration settings?

More
13 years 1 week ago #15280 by micker
for joomla power user i recommand this
lab-project.net/
great performance and it's a moderator of joomla france
support with skype in live .. i recommand
regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 11 months ago #15612 by micker
thanks for this return !

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline