Moving items between categories

More
14 years 4 months ago #1605 by momentis
I am not sure if this is a bug, or I just need to be shown the trick, but here goes...

I have a list of items which were allocated to CategoryA when they were entered. I wanted to move them all to CategoryB, so I used the Copy/Move button. On the ensuing screen, I selected CategoryB as the new Primary category, and selected "No" for Keep Subcategory. There was nothing selected on the subcategory list. However, the items were still left with the original primary category as a subcategory. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1614 by bsky92
Hi and welcome

From what I understand, this is a copy option, which means you keep the old one and have a new one just the same, which you can use and name a different way.

So you'll have to delete the articles from your earlier category ....

If you want to move items from category, it would be my advice to do it manually right now :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #1619 by vistamedia

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 4 months ago #1722 by momentis
Awesome! Thanks to both of you for the prompt answers. Again - great component!

Rick

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline