getting image in a select field when the image name is in th

More
11 years 5 months ago #29925 by rottenberg
hello
I have read the french FAQ 'Création d'un champ liste déroulante qui affiche des images' which allows to get images in the select field.

I need to do that but with images which are in an article. I get easily the title and the id of the article from jos_content. But how can I get the image which is in a user-field ?

thank you for help

best regards

Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #29926 by ggppdk
hello, you want to extract an image URL of an image added in item's description or in a textarea field ? other?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #29939 by rottenberg
I have an - Image / Image Gallery - field.
I want to get the url of this image to show it in another select field.

The image contains portrait of people. In the public part I want to show the image of the chosen person in the admin and when I put the mouse on the image I get a tooltip of his name.

To get the name no problem. It's the title of my article . I have done a SQL query in the select field to get the id and title of the article. My problem is to get the image which seems to be in another table.

More
11 years 5 months ago #29955 by ggppdk
other field of SAME item ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #29988 by rottenberg
I'm managing a library.

I have created a category which contains exclusively the biography of people. the title of each article is the name of the person.
The description field is the biography.
I have added an image/gallery field to have photos of the person.

I have created another category which contains books description
In this category I have a select field which contains the name of the authors of book. This field is managed by a SQL query which gives the id and the title of the biography of the article.

I want to get also the first image which is in the biography article to show an image in the front view of the book description.

My question is how get the image which seems to be in another table than the jos_content one.

best regards

Michel

More
11 years 5 months ago #30065 by rottenberg
hello

I advance in my library project. But I'm a little bit blocked now and I'm asking if what I want to do can be done easaly with Flexicontent :

I have 2 categories of articles :
- books
- authors (an author may have more than one book).

in the book I have the following info :
- name of the book (title of article)
- summary of the book (description)
- image of the cover (additionnal image/gallery field)
- name of the author (additionnal select field)
- name of the publisher (text field)
- date of publication (date field)

in the author category :
- title of the article : name of the author
- description : summary of the book
- additionnal fields :
- image/gallery : portrait of the author
- link : other book from this author
- email : email of the author

In the detail page of the book I want to show the information of the book and the informations of the author

In the book article author is a select fields created by an sql query giving for the category author, the id and the title of the article for all active articles.

I thought about doing that in the sql query. But it's not quite clever : I duplicate in the book a lot of informations already existing in the author article and if I do a modification in the author article, it won't be showed in the book until I update the book article. So I think I need to do that in the detail page of the book article.

My question : is it possible to get in the detail page for a book all the fields for the linked author which are in the author article ?

thank you for help

best regards

Michel

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline