[Tip Share]Displaying published date on front end

More
11 years 3 months ago #32599 by akd01
I got asked to show the published date instead of creation date on my view item on front end.

Here is the way I did it on 2.0.0 RC9a (r1549) if it can help somebody.

(I put my message on general support on purpose for letting flexi team decide if it has a value or not).

So, what you have to do:

1. Create a new field in the field list in flexi back office with the exact name "publish_up" (it's the db name for the publishing date); link it to your content type (for example :"Article") and put access to "Public".

2. Edit your database : table xxx_flexicontent_fields and modify the line of your "publish_up" item with the following value :

`field_type` : 'publishup'
`iscore` : 1
`attribs` :
display_label=1
date_format=DATE_FORMAT_LC1
custom_date=
pretext=
posttext=

3. Add graphically your new field in the template via the "templates" section in flexicontent back office.

4. Edit flexicontent sources :
Warning : following code came from a diff
the lines to add starts with +
the lines to remove starts with -

components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.fields.php ; line 179 :
Code:
$item->modified = ($item->modified != $db->getNulldate()) ? $item->modified : $item->created; + $item->publish_up = ($item->publish_up != $db->getNulldate()) ? $item->publish_up : $item->modified; $item->creator = @$author->alias ? $author->alias : (@$author->name ? $author->name : '') ;

components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.helper.php lines 1644-1724
Be careful : my item was id 15, you must change this value in the following code to your.
Code:
function getJCoreFields($ffield=NULL, $map_maintext_to_introtext=false, $reverse=false) { if(!$reverse) // MAPPING core fields NAMEs => core field TYPEs { $flexifield = array( 'title'=>'title', 'categories'=>'categories', 'tags'=>'tags', 'text'=>'maintext', 'created'=>'created', 'created_by'=>'createdby', 'modified'=>'modified', 'modified_by'=>'modifiedby', 'hits'=>'hits', 'document_type'=>'type', 'version'=>'version', - 'state'=>'state' + 'state'=>'state', + 'publish_up'=>'publishup' ); if ($map_maintext_to_introtext) { $flexifield['introtext'] = 'maintext'; } } else // MAPPING core field TYPEs => core fields NAMEs { $flexifield = array( 'title'=>'title', 'categories'=>'categories', 'tags'=>'tags', 'maintext'=>'text', 'created'=>'created', 'createdby'=>'created_by', 'modified'=>'modified', 'modifiedby'=>'modified_by', 'hits'=>'hits', 'type'=>'document_type', 'version'=>'version', - 'state'=>'state' + 'state'=>'state', + 'publishup'=>'publish_up' ); if ($map_maintext_to_introtext) { $flexifield['maintext'] = 'introtext'; } } if($ffield===NULL) return $flexifield; return isset($flexifield[$ffield])?$flexifield[$ffield]:NULL; } function getFlexiFieldId($jfield=NULL) { $flexifields = array( 'introtext'=>1, 'text'=>1, 'created'=>2, 'created_by'=>3, 'modified'=>4, 'modified_by'=>5, 'title'=>6, 'hits'=>7, 'version'=>9, 'state'=>10, - 'catid'=>13 + 'catid'=>13, + 'publish_up'=>15 ); if($jfield===NULL) return $flexifields; return isset($flexifields[$jfield])?$flexifields[$jfield]:0; } function getFlexiField($jfield=NULL) { $flexifields = array( 'introtext'=>'text', 'fulltext'=>'text', 'created'=>'created', 'created_by'=>'createdby', 'modified'=>'modified', 'modified_by'=>'modifiedby', 'title'=>'title', 'hits'=>'hits', 'version'=>'version', - 'state'=>'state', + 'state'=>'state', + 'publish_up'=>'publishup' ); if($jfield===NULL) return $flexifields; return isset($flexifields[$jfield])?$flexifields[$jfield]:0; }

plugins/flexicontent_fields/core/core.php; line 107 :
Code:
+ case 'publishup': // publish_up + $field->value[] = $item->publish_up; + $dateformat = $dateformat ? $dateformat : $customdate; + $field->display = $pretext.JHTML::_( 'date', $item->publish_up, JText::_($dateformat) ).$posttext; + break; case 'title': // title

I got some problem first because of caching but it seems to be enough to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline