install default fields?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1392 by chris
hi guys

first post on here and just wanted to say thanks for you time and effort spent creating this content system - it looks great!!

i've just installed the component, published all plugins and installed the default type (article). but i do not know how to install the default fields.

should this be done automatically from the jos_content table or do i need to manually create the fields to match the default ones?

this is my first question, but i'm sure i'll have more as i go along...

thanks in advance guys

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1507 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic install default fields?
Hi and welcome,
There's nothing special to do, all the core fields are added automatically.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 4 months ago #1750 by speakingvolumes
I have the same question.

On the right side of the dashboard, under Post Installation, I have a warning next to the table line, "Install default fields". I also have the warning notification at the top of the dashboard asking me to click the update button and refresh so that this will be fixed.

The update button is not fixing this. After refresh the warning sign and update button return. I have tried changing permissions in my administrator and components directories for FlexiContent files from 644 (default at installation) to 755. Still no luck.

I imagine this issue may be affecting something else? Or else, I have another issue: For example, I tried to create a new Category, and though I got notification that the new Category was successfully saved, it does not appear in my list of Categories, and new items cannot be saved because there is no category to select. (I have created a new Joomla Section for Flexicontent and chosen it in the dashboard's Global Configuration.

Would love to get started because I am really excited about this extension and everything that people are saying about it!
Thanks,
Ripley

More
14 years 3 months ago #2511 by tibby
Replied by tibby on topic install default fields?
I am experiencing exactly the same issues with "install default fields" :(

More
14 years 3 months ago #2512 by tibby
Replied by tibby on topic install default fields?
I assume that my inability to install these fields may have something to do with the myriad of
"Warning: Invalid argument" errors that I am getting under "Items""categories"and "statistics"?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2517 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic install default fields?
Hi and welcome

µIf you want help, we need more infos.
What version did you install? On what type of server? How did you install it? Did the installation run smoothly?

I had one installation and three upgrades right now, and each time it was a smooth thing with no problem

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline