Disable com_content data during installation

More
14 years 4 months ago #1879 by spikesantee
During the installation, a message comes up that says to avoid duplicate data, you should disable the com_content data.

Does that mean I go into Extensions/Install-Unistall/Components and disable the Content Page component from the Joomla! Project?

Thanks in advance for the help :mrgreen:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3129 by tony
Hi. Yes I'm not sure about this either. Is there a reply somewhere else in the forums?

More
14 years 3 months ago #3266 by galleryrx
Yes. I would very much like to know how to do this. Has anyone at flexiCONTENT replied to this query somewhere? I am in the same boat with duplicate articles and not knowing how to move forward. How do you take care of this very important step?

More
14 years 2 months ago #4125 by jakexo
I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I would think this would be simple to answer as it is the #1 warning!

I'm a little hesitant to remove com_content elements from my DB or FTP.

Moderators? Please? I know there is "documentation coming", but this is apart of the installation process and seems to be danced around in the FAQ answer.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6136 by TtfnJohn
What is beging refered to is you need to go to the Plugin manager and disable Search Content, Search Categories and Search Sections.

His first language isn't english which can cause problems every once in a while. :D

ttfn

John

More
13 years 11 months ago #7069 by lionsheart

TtfnJohn wrote: What is beging refered to is you need to go to the Plugin manager and disable Search Content, Search Categories and Search Sections.

His first language isn't english which can cause problems every once in a while. :D

ttfn

John

John is correct, this is what I had to do in order to get things working.

“Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.”

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline