Initial Permission will not update

More
10 years 10 months ago #37832 by mikeg1
I have installed Joomla 2.5.11... I installed FlexiContent version of: 2.0.2 r1680. When I first installed it I was able to put in the component, did the post installation and put in categories... then a few days later, I go in and it said I had to update multilingual support and initial permission in the Post Installation section... the multilingual worked... initial permission just keeps spinning and never goes to the checkmark. I checked through the forum and see others have this same issue but I never saw the solution actually posted. I am using a mainstream host/server and I put in Joomla sites all the time so I am pretty good with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #37835 by ggppdk
Hello,
there is no single reason for this,
but this is always because of an invalid category (e.g. no parent) or an invalid article, or a corrupt DB table

most likely some new category or article were created recently e.g. by some SEF component

- first let's get some more info,
please go to FLEXIcontent component configuration (click the configuration button at top left) and enable "Debug initial permission"

- also goto phpmyadmin, and list the DB tables of joomla site, select all tables and click "Check" from the drop down select

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 10 months ago #37837 by mikeg1
thanks for the quick reply... Did you forget to finish it off... once I select all in phpmyadmin - then what?

More
10 years 10 months ago #37839 by ggppdk
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... r-database

But besides checking DB, i also asked you to enable "Debug initial permissions" and revisit FLEXIcontent Dashboard

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38705 by Gleedaniel13

But besides checking DB, i also asked you to enable "Debug initial permissions" and revisit FLEXIcontent Dashboard

I think Mike forgot to debug the initial permissions. He should follow the suggestions of the experts here so that he can ahve a good results or solution in its problem.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline