Help Installing

More
14 years 2 months ago #3904 by Ayka
Help Installing was created by Ayka
I just installed Flexicontent 1.5 Beta A on a Joomla 1.5.15.

The installation seems to go ok, no errors. I get to the point where I need to click the "Update" buttons to activate the plug-ins etc...

Except the Update buttons don't do anything. I click them and nothing happens. This could be user error (I'm not above thinking I screwed up).

anyone have any ideas? I can probably manually do most of them except the Default Fields, and the Thumb Permissions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3905 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Help Installing
Hi and welcome

Are you sure all files were correctly uploaded ?

If the upload was correct, the installation should not be an issue, believe me on that, I have been redoing the installation of joomla and fc 3 times this week, as long your files are all correctly uploaded, it should work fine

More
14 years 2 months ago #3952 by Ayka
Replied by Ayka on topic Help Installing
Yep.

I just tried installing it on a fresh 1.5.15 test board, and the buttons work fine. Which means its having trouble integrating with something else I've installed.

Which kinda sucks, because the only way to figure it out would be to uninstall everything 1 by 1.

Would be nice if there were some sort of manual install instructions, or something other than these buttons.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3953 by Ayka
Replied by Ayka on topic Help Installing
Well, I literally just uninstalled every single Plugin, Component and Module that didn't come in the Joomla 1.5.15 Base package..

and it still isn't working.

May I make a suggestion for any release past this one, and allow either a Manual process, or get rid of these update buttons? I seem to remember at least one other thread on here with someone having trouble with them.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4088 by cflorinc
Replied by cflorinc on topic Help Installing
I have the same problem: when click update, it just goes round and round and nothing happens :)
I manually published plugins, instaled default type (article), but I'm stuck with the "default fields" update.
Running Joomla 1.5.15, all directory permisions are Writable, ftp layer disabled and enabled again but... no way to make it work.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4092 by orchid1
Replied by orchid1 on topic Help Installing
update to the SVN and see if it will work
find the SVN in google code no password required and much faster

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline