Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?

More
9 years 10 months ago #46865 by Pheno
Replied by Pheno on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
Here they are:

[attachment=0:3vpyoyt9]<!-- ia0 -->flexiSEF.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3vpyoyt9]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46904 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
Hello

will take time to test and possibly update/improve plugin / routing at end of week

most notably considering this new feature to the XMAP plugin:

-- if a category has already been expanded via a parent category then don't re-expand it

you may post a reminder during weekend too

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 10 months ago #46908 by Pheno
That would be fantastic.

If it would help to test on a big live site you're welcome to use my test site www.rusartmarch.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk

You still have a log in on there.

More
9 years 10 months ago #47030 by Pheno
Did you get a chance to look at this?

More
9 years 10 months ago #47033 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Xmap URL: itemId is wrong?
Hello

the SEF URL creation code (route.php) was updated to use reverse lookup (1-step lookup to find matching menu item) and to also consider if menu item to parent categories exist, and also consider if language filtering is enabled

- this will improve performance when a large number of URLs is created e.g. XMAP

- this will address issue of parent categories not being used in SEF URL when they exist

have not be tested this yet though

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 9 months ago #48006 by Pheno
Hi ggppdk,

I just installed Flexicontent 1910 beta and the URLs are looking fantastic! Thank you very much for your work on this.

The only other "wish list" request I would make is that it would be nice if you could configure it to only display 1 URL per item in the xmap sitemap. Currently it creates 1 URL per category menu. So on my site, I have a large category heirarchy and the following menu structure:

ParentCat1
|_Cat2
|_Cat3
|_Cat4
|_Cat5
|_Item

And this means I get 5(identical) URLs in the sitemap which makes the sitemap slow to load.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline