Failed update to 1.5.2

More
14 years 1 month ago #4935 by ewel
Failed update to 1.5.2 was created by ewel
Hi,

I've tried to install 1.5.2 but got into some trouble. After attempting to upload and install using the normal Joomla installer, I get a page saying:

Warning: require_once(/home/account/public_html/folder/components/com_flexicontent/helpers/route.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/account/public_html/folder/plugins/system/flexisystem.php on line 141

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/account/public_html/folder/components/com_flexicontent/helpers/route.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/account/public_html/folder/plugins/system/flexisystem.php on line 141

I also found out that all files are gone in the front and back component folder. Language is not installed either.

This is the second time I have this issue and I'll get the site to work by restoring a backup again. But I am now at a loss to understand how I can update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4938 by ewel
Replied by ewel on topic Failed update to 1.5.2
Update: installation does seem to work by installing from a server folder. Before I tried that, I simply FTPed all files into their place.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4939 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic Failed update to 1.5.2
Hummm this is really strange, maybe you server doesn't like the tar.gz format.
You can also try to unpack and repack the component using the zip format.
If it's more a timeout issue, you can use the "install from directory" option in the joomla installer.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #4941 by ewel
Replied by ewel on topic Failed update to 1.5.2
My server does unfortunately suffer time-outs, but the package is not very big. Also I seem to remember that the server does handle tar files although uploading tar.gz in the installer will give me a 'no xml' error.

I am half-way restoring a backup, and I'll report whatever I can find out. If you feel like experimenting yourself I can give you access.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline