[solved] Flexicontent install problem

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6088 by panaman
Yesterday I installed Flexicontent without problem. Installing Flexiaccess resulted in an Fatal error and I could only reach my site via ftp. After deleting all Flexicontet and Flexiaccess contents, I reinstalled Flexicontent. Everything seemed to work fine, everything "green". Selecting section and importing files was ok.
But hen I try to open Item title, I get a Fatal error message: Class 'FAccess' not found in /home/intentionmedia/public_html/components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.categories.php on line 209

I get the same message when trying to open New Item, Category and New Category.
When trying to open Fields I get a sligtly different message: Fatal error: Class 'FAccess' not found in /home/intentionmedia/public_html/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/fields/tmpl/default.php on line 91.

There are also some issues with the menues.

What can I do? I really like Flexicontent and would like to keep on using it.

Best wishes,
Panaman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6100 by kenmcd
My guess is you have remnants of FLEXIaccess in the FLEXIcontent configuration because FLEXIaccess was never actually un-installed (and I also guess you did not delete the database tables).

To manually remove any Joomla extension requires deleting the related entries in the database.
Simply deleting the files does not remove the database entries.

When a component is installed there is an entry made in the jos_components table.
When a plugin is installed there is an entry made in the jos_plugins table.
These entries would also have to be removed to start clean.
Right now we cannot be sure what is in those tables.

In the future to manually start completely clean:
- delete all the files for the component admin and front-end
- delete all the files for the all the plugins
- delete all the jos_flexicontent_* tables
- delete all the jos_flexiaccess_* tables
- delete the related entries in jos_components and jos_plugins

Right now I would un-install FLEXIcontent and then clean-out everything as described above to really start clean.

But this does not explain why you had an installation issue in the first place.
My guess is a failed installation as the server may have timed-out.
Try installing from the Joomla tmp directory.

We are assuming FLEXIcontent itself installed correctly.
Did you test it before installing FLEXIaccess?

What version of:
- Joomla
- PHP
- MySQL
- Apache

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6104 by panaman

kenmcd wrote: .
We are assuming FLEXIcontent itself installed correctly.
Did you test it before installing FLEXIaccess?

What version of:
- Joomla
- PHP
- MySQL
- Apache

Joomla 1.5.15
PHP 5...
MySQL 5.0.51

Yes, FLEXIcontent installs correctly. I've cleaned out all content, but I'm afraid I don't know how to delete the database tables.

I've installed FLEXIcontent two more times. Everything is fine until I install FLEXIaccess. Than I get the Fatal error message: Fatal error: Class 'Grupp ' not found in /home/intentionmedia/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 171, where Grupp is Swedish for Group. This makes me think that the installation problem is related to the language. Earlier today I got the advice to change Joomla admin language from Swedish to English. I've done that once with no luck.
Right now FLEXIcontent seems to be working fine so an advice what to do with the FLEXIaccess installation would be welcome.
Best wishes,
Panaman

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6107 by panaman
Update:
Now I've made a new installation of the components on another site on the same server. I choosed to use English to be on the safe side (?).
No problems at all.
So I guess what I have to do is to delete the database table for FLEXIaccess as you described earlier? And reinstall FLEXIaccess?
/ Panaman

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6109 by panaman
Thanks to your advices kenmcd, I've now managed to install FLEXIaccess without errors. I guess I must have made something wrong in the first installation.
(And the bonus is, that now I've got some idea how to make changes to the database.)
:D

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6131 by kenmcd

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline